Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Now I'm mad. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92030-now-im-mad.html)

Formula Outlaw 12-08-2004 09:22 PM

Re: Now I'm mad.

Originally Posted by epeek
Secularist's's. Don't like anything to do with Christianity because it doesn't
fit their master plan. It's mainly a liberal agenda. To bad our government
is allowing the minority to dictate what we can and can't say or do. Hell,
Bloomberg calls the N.Y.C. Christmas tree "A holiday tree". What a load of
crap. Candyass politicians sucking up for the all mighty vote." Don't want
to offend anyone." I might not get their vote." I think its gonna backfire
on them. Americans still have values. Middle America is gonna tell them
to kiss MY A$$. O' Yea,their also gonna say screw you Democrats and your
redistribution of wealth $hit you've been spewing for years. Let the lowlifes
work for their money like everyone else. I think most of this country isn't
looking for the lefty handouts. If you worked for it,earned it,you should be
able to keep some of it..........Whew, I'm exhausted.........

Right on Epeek.

CBlakeNS 12-08-2004 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
I'm with you. live and let live. Dont tell me how to live and I wont tell you how to live.

Yeah its rediculis the things that some people do these days.

Good quote!! "Live and let live." I like that.

RollWithIt 12-08-2004 09:31 PM

There are too many people, right and left, who have nothing better to do than but into everybody elses business and tell us how to live. I'm not you, dont want to be, thats what makes this country so great. I think all these people who want to change society to be more "politically correct" need to get a life and stop worrying about us.

BK 12-08-2004 09:40 PM

I think the word is "showing respect for those who are different". Unfortunately, many folks don't know what that word means anymore or understand how much good showing a little respect can do. Instead, they've adopted different values..."ME" values.

My kids are in Boy Scouts where you'd think "respect" would be on the top of the list. It used to be, but not anymore. Now Boy Scouts is all about winning and self interests: ie who sells the most popcorn and gets the biggest prize, who wins the pinewood derby, who wins the fishing contest, how many badges on your uniform. No more helping elderly ladies - that's out of style.

BUT they don't feel they've lost values because they say the whole pledge including the "under God" part and that is all the "values" that they need. Just sad.

later 12-08-2004 09:41 PM

it's a shame that our country doesnt have the same dedication to beliefs, as the rest of the world. otherwise we would say go back to the country that you came from and dont change ours

Later
dave hughes

epeek 12-08-2004 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jonas
amen god bless and merry x mas!!!
thats well said!!!

Thats merry Christmas!!! Thanks,same to you and LONG LIVE REGGIE FOUNTAIN!!! :D

hugetime1 12-08-2004 09:50 PM

come on there has to be some left wingers here to make things intresting, it is no fun debating this stuff when we are all on the same side

BK 12-08-2004 09:54 PM

Its funny because "forcing change" is part of the reason the radical muslims hated Saddam so much. Saddam would not allow relgious persecution, and that's why 300,000 Christians could worship in Baghdad and run liquor stores, against the wishes of the fundamentalists. The radicals wanted their country run under strict muslim law. Period. They wanted the leader to be a cleric, not a secular infidel like Saddam who drank and wore military uniforms instead of traditional muslim garments.

By taking out Saddam, it is the Iraqi Christians who we have hurt the most, because the radicals are able to force them to live under strict muslim traditions now - like they must do in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kuwait. They hold tight to what they know - they don't want any part of those "strange" religions. I guess it's the same everywhere.

epeek 12-08-2004 09:54 PM

Most leftys are busy waiting for someone to hand them money. Most people
who have performence boats made it the old fashioned way. THEY EARNED IT!

hugetime1 12-08-2004 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by BK
Its funny because "forcing change" is part of the reason the radical muslims hated Saddam so much. Saddam would not allow relgious persecution, and that's why 300,000 Christians could worship in Baghdad and run liquor stores, against the wishes of the fundamentalists. The radicals wanted their country run under strict muslim law. Period. They wanted the leader to be a cleric, not a secular infidel like Saddam who drank and wore military uniforms instead of traditional muslim garments.

By taking out Saddam, it is the Iraqi Christians who we have hurt the most, because the radicals are able to force them to live under strict muslim traditions now - like they must do in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kuwait.

speaking of this back in 1990 my dad was in saudi saving the kawaites azzes and there was a big controversy about women under his command driving vehicles on the flight line because the kuwatie gov't did want women driving in there country. and the higher ups were actually thinking of going along with this, but the soilders were so up in arms about it that the us gov't had no choice but to stand up to the kawaties in defence of our women. it is appauling to me that we even thought about going along with this train of thought.