Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   beware of buying siezed boats from NM (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92045-beware-buying-siezed-boats-nm.html)

buck183 12-09-2004 07:33 AM

Re: beware of buying siezed boats from NM

Arkansas is just the opposite. Not title on a boat, title required for trailer. I guess they feel like the boat can't be moved without the trailer, so their covered by doing this. ????

Buck

Tres 12-09-2004 08:02 AM

Its a steel trailer Myco very heavy, big HD trailer.

berns29scarab 12-09-2004 08:21 AM

in Jersey there are no titles for trailers either, registration only...

csgws 12-21-2004 10:07 AM

was the boat new or used? if it was new they would have gotten a mso from myco trailers. if it was used they might not have ever gotten a title from the owner. i used to work their and believe me when i say they should have a mso if the trailer was new, mco would have sent it to them when it was paid in full.

good luck to all who is trying to get problems fixed with national marine.

mopower 12-21-2004 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
in Jersey there are no titles for trailers either, registration only...

As of when???? I have two trailers....two NJ titles :p

But you can claim "homemade" and beat the title BS

berns29scarab 12-21-2004 11:38 AM

i have had 2 trailers in jersey and with both of them you get the original MSO that has 4 or 5 spaces on back (reassignments) to show the transfer from owner to owner...you dont get a new title every time. and with 1 alls i got was a bill of sale took that to MV and got a title

The Menace 12-21-2004 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
No trailer titles in Ohio

No trailer title in Ohio as long as the weith of the trialer does not excede approximately 5,000 lbs.

GLENNS 12-21-2004 11:58 AM

The DMV ususlly will just ask you how much the trailer weighs. Most people dont know exactly what their trialer weighs and estimate it. Assuming expresscat39s is correct I would just say I dont know exactly but probably 3 or 4000 lbs and they will probably hand you a registration.

Panic Button 12-21-2004 02:45 PM

In Nevada, they require a title even for home made. If you try to register them as "homemade" they are required to be inspected. I tried this with one I was having trouble getting the title for and the inspector saw the manufactures stamp and said no way. Now I'm fighting with the previous owner to get the title to it.

Crazyhorse 12-21-2004 02:57 PM

In Michigan a trailer weighing less than 2500 pounds isn't titled, only registered. Over 2500 pounds they have to be titled. My new 18,000 lb. capacity Manning weighs 2850.