Notices

Now I'm mad.

Old 12-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Now I'm mad.

The phrase "Merry Christmas" removed from a song in public schools. Christmas carols banned at a high school event. A religious-themed float denied entry in a local parade. The debate over where Christmas belongs is erupting across the country. Where do you stand on the issue?

"We just wanted to show them the love of God and what Christmas is all about." -- Laverne Gillespie, who protested the secular nature of Denver's holiday parade

"Holiday celebrations where Christian music is being sung make people feel different. And because it is such a majority, it makes the minority feel uncomfortable." -- Mark Brownstein, a parent in a town whose high school forbade a school band to play Christmas songs

"I think that people have become a little too dogmatic in their beliefs on either side." -- Eric Chabrow, a Jewish father who says his son should be able to play Christmas songs in the high school band

Sources: ABC News, The New York Times

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's so sad that people are doing this. It's a public school. If you don't like it that's what private schools are for. Beggars can't be choosers. What happened to this being the happiest time of the year?
I'm angry and sad and angry that if I have children that they won't have the opportunity see Christmas as I did when I was a kid.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Now I'm mad.

Holy crap!!

The damn parade is probably the CHRISTMAS parade!

I'm and soooooo sick and tired of the politically correct thing. You might offend someone. B***S***!!! I am offended pretty much on a daily basis, but I get over it. I am so sick and tired of bowing down to the minority. Majority is supposed to rule. Get over it! Deal with it! This country was built on immigrants that have been offended for years! Starting next year maybe everyone that is not chritian should have to work on Christmas & Christmas eve. I bet their view would change very quickly! They'd all be singing Christmas songs and putting up trees, and joining in on the Christmas Parade!

Sorry, I had to vent!

Last edited by Lucididee; 12-08-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roflmao.......... hey!.......... who deleted my post?........... lmao............
Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There ya go ... If your not into the REAL meaning of Christmas , and are "offended" or whatever , then you can work the late shifts thru out the holiday weekend for the rest of us !!! That way you wont be bothered by our celebration !!!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered

my girlfriend was just informed at her new job that they can't have any christmas decorations on there desks, can't say merry christmas, and will not have a christmas party. all because of the god damm indian employees that don't celabrate christmas. I am just glad I don't work there I would probobly get fired.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Now I'm mad.

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Roflmao.......... hey!.......... who deleted my post?........... lmao............
PM
Old 12-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Now I'm mad.

Then those people should not get the holiday off!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Registered

good point
Old 12-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This world is just getting too phucked up. It's very challenging to raise kids nowadays trying to teach them the way we grew up. This stuff just has to stop. Think about it. Gays getting married, it seems anything with 'God' in it is being banned, and just society today is just taking a turn for the worst. I am not a real religious guy, I mean I go to church maybe twice a year but man this is getting out of hand. I mean if we are going to get down to the nitty gritty, then I am going to file a law suit because I am paying property taxes that fund public schools (which my children do not go to) that teach children whose parents practice a religion that I perhaps do not agree with. Where does it stop ?
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christmas, if you dont like it, dont partake. Plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Now I'm mad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.