Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm stupid for doing this... >

I'm stupid for doing this...

Notices

I'm stupid for doing this...

Old 12-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: I'm stupid for doing this...

The boat already had problems getting on plane, if I had more than 2 people in it, I made people move to the bow (YES, they were reduced to being simply ballast). That is why I think it needs tabs. (plus they just look friggin' COOL!!!)
It currently has no power steering and is a (Drew & Mike) "BBBIIIIIIIIIITTTTCCCHHHHHH" around the docks.
I never even played with different props, this was my gals toy while I had the Baja.
We just used this when we didn't feel like spending money on gas, it was a helluva lot cheaper to run.
I probably should be looking into that scarab. eMotion, how about a little more info.
I'm sure I could swing the 6G for something like that.
I've just been out of the water for too many years, I NEED a boat back on the water!!!
I'm interested in that scarab, if that doesn't fit my needs, I'm stuck with this little project.
I know the part that is crazy is the glass work. I just want it to look good. I can't afford the Cig I really want, So I'm trying to turn this thing into something close.

Glassdave - I know what you're talking about heading out to Woodtick, this boat was actually"beached" on my way out to the bay while me and the lady were "going over things" - I had to get in the water and push it off the sandbar at the mouth of the river. Good times, Good times...
Allan4, thanks for the 411 on motors, If I stick with this boat I'm thinking that's the direction I want to go. This boat could never handle a Big Block.

I'm having a hard time here guys.
I want a big boat with POWER, and my wallet isn't catching up with my dream.
I'm just trying to make due with what I already have.

Maybe a sleeper with a "silent choice" could be fun.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:37 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm stupid for doing this...

DO IT!! None of us boat for the investment or the return on our money, I actually try not to think of what i sink into my boat. Put a warmed over SBC in it, tabs, sunpad and have some fun, you will still have less in it than a big blower motor that has a 50/50 chance of grenading anyway....