If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ

Re: I'm stupid for doing this...

The boat already had problems getting on plane, if I had more than 2 people in it, I made people move to the bow (YES, they were reduced to being simply ballast). That is why I think it needs tabs. (plus they just look friggin' COOL!!!)
    It currently has no power steering and is a (Drew & Mike) "BBBIIIIIIIIIITTTTCCCHHHHHH" around the docks.
    I never even played with different props, this was my gals toy while I had the Baja.
    We just used this when we didn't feel like spending money on gas, it was a helluva lot cheaper to run.
    I probably should be looking into that scarab. eMotion, how about a little more info.
    I'm sure I could swing the 6G for something like that.
    I've just been out of the water for too many years, I NEED a boat back on the water!!!
    I'm interested in that scarab, if that doesn't fit my needs, I'm stuck with this little project.
    I know the part that is crazy is the glass work. I just want it to look good. I can't afford the Cig I really want, So I'm trying to turn this thing into something close.

Glassdave - I know what you're talking about heading out to Woodtick, this boat was actually"beached" on my way out to the bay while me and the lady were "going over things" - I had to get in the water and push it off the sandbar at the mouth of the river. Good times, Good times...
    Allan4, thanks for the 411 on motors, If I stick with this boat I'm thinking that's the direction I want to go. This boat could never handle a Big Block.

I'm having a hard time here guys.
    I want a big boat with POWER, and my wallet isn't catching up with my dream.
    I'm just trying to make due with what I already have.

Maybe a sleeper with a "silent choice" could be fun.

Re: I'm stupid for doing this...

DO IT!! None of us boat for the investment or the return on our money, I actually try not to think of what i sink into my boat. Put a warmed over SBC in it, tabs, sunpad and have some fun, you will still have less in it than a big blower motor that has a 50/50 chance of grenading anyway....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234