Notices

New Jersy/NY boys HELP

Old 12-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts
Default New Jersy/NY boys HELP

Sorry there is no rough water picts rollin hammmer down in the keys but, PLEASE HELP ME!! My girlfriend is looking to lease a 2 bed room in north west willaimsburg /greenpoint in Booklyn NYC I can't give her much help or ideass since i have no clue of what the area is like!!! But I do Know, The power of OSO!!!!!! She don'st bleif me that oso is heer best web site to search Please prove her wrong!!!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 07:07 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: New Jersy/NY boys HELP

I'm not sure about Brooklyn but I can help in Westchester County.... It is just North of NYC if that is going to be her commute....
Old 12-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help but we finally narroed down the are were she wants to live, otherwise we will have brokers running us all over the tri state area
Old 12-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife was born and raised in Brooklyn, Bensonhurst, Not too many folks looking to move back into Brooklyn, most going the other way Nothing horrible except areas like East New York, Brownsville, Bed-Stuye and that area. Food is unreal ... breads are out of this world NOTHING LIKE THEM, the Italian meat stores/salumarias, Russian, Jewish awesome mix of ethnic tastes

If she's working in Manhattan you can commute from any of the boros very easily. I lived in Staten Island for 12 years and commuted to Manhattan, NYC. You don't have to limit yourselves to just that area of NYC. You could even commute from Westchester very doable and very nice! Worked there in Briarcliff Manor for 6 years right on 9A on the Hudson River.

Why does she want Greenpoint/ Williamsburg .. only???

Chris
Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply! We found a place for her in GreenPoint (the polish village) for 1500 a month. This worked out real well since not only is it in a nice area but she is also a 100% polish and can fluently speak it. I am exited to help her move and spend new years there. I plan on going to nyc boat show also. Thanks again for the help
Jack Jr.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Sorry there is no rough water picts rollin hammmer down in the keys but, PLEASE HELP ME!! My girlfriend is looking to lease a 2 bed room in north west willaimsburg /greenpoint in Booklyn NYC I can't give her much help or ideass since i have no clue of what the area is like!!! But I do Know, The power of OSO!!!!!! She don'st bleif me that oso is heer best web site to search Please prove her wrong!!!!!

FYI - Don't forget the go to Peter Lugers in Williamsburgh! The best Steak in the country! Just get you reservations in advance!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Lucididee
FYI - Don't forget the go to Peter Lugers in Williamsburgh! The best Steak in the country! Just get you reservations in advance!

Absolutely !!

With all the steakhouses that have sprouted up over the last several years, this place (IMHO) is the still the gold standard...
Old 12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wes Smith
Absolutely !!

With all the steakhouses that have sprouted up over the last several years, this place (IMHO) is the still the gold standard...
Peter Lugers is AWESOME!!!

No credit cards accepted! CASH only.....or a Peter Lugers Card
Old 12-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Are their any good marina's or boat dealerships to check out. I am already planning on the NYC boat show, the poker runs and the sbi races. I will be a pure spectator for all of the events since i still in college and don't have a dually to tow my fathers and I's boat to any of the poker runs. I guess it will give me a break from meticulously wrenching and maintaining our boat those weekends.

Thanks for all the help

Jack Jr.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

To celebrate your good luck in finding an apartment and being a college student with limited funds and an being an OSO member I will leave 2 free tickets for you at the NYC boatshow "WILL CALL" window.I will check my PM for your info.

Quick Reply: New Jersy/NY boys HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.