Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Sea-Doo Jet Skis Liquidation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92387-new-sea-doo-jet-skis-liquidation.html)

Chris288 12-15-2004 09:02 AM

Re: New Sea-Doo Jet Skis Liquidation

Originally Posted by Maximus
Chris,

Not a chance. Living at the beach in Florida gives me a lot of daily exposure to riding ski's.....Don't want to get into a pissing match but I raced about 30 different 150's 1300r's Hondas and have YET to have anyone come close to my Stock RXP. Out of the hole or top end (any indust. rag will conf)

If you truly ride a 150 you know this..it's fast but not fast enough :)

Ask Wet Kitty he'll tell ya

Maximus

I have a 99 ultra 150 and a 2003 ultra 150, both have solas props and a ride plate, the 99 has heads and I have honestly raced 5 RXP's on the River and in Candlewood lake CT. Not one flat out beat me,, we were neck and neck for miles, if my pump cavitated he would gain a bit, if his pump cavitated I would gain a bit.. They are 67 mph out of the box, the ultra's are 66, with some very slight mods the ultras are easily hitting 68. I would have to call it dead even, not bad considering the ultra is 145 hp and the RX PEE PEE is supposedly 215 ( really 190 ) :rolleyes: anyway, I ride ski's with about 15 different guys during the summer most do have SEA-DONT's, and most have been through 2 or 3 motors. Have rebuilt a few 951's and the wear and tear was shocking with approx 102 hours the cylinder clearances were approx. .022-27 thousandths when it was supposed to be about 7, and that was with them running 38.00 per gallon oil. SEA-PUKE made a huge mistake w/ the 951's, they were major P.O.S's, we will see how the 4 stroke S.C. motor's hold up..

By the way,, sorry to piss on this thread, but yes those are some VERY good prices if anyone is interested..

AIC 12-15-2004 09:40 AM

WetKitty,
Do you have any 800SXR's or SuperJets?

Mbam 12-15-2004 01:02 PM

Fred, what does an RXP weigh? Any idea of the freight class? I'm trying to figure out what it will cost to get 1 or 2 here.

WetKitty42 12-15-2004 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by AIC
WetKitty,
Do you have any 800SXR's or SuperJets?

I believe I do.

Call me at the dealership on Thursday.

631-858-2300

Fred

WetKitty42 12-15-2004 09:13 PM

2004 RXP

Technical Specifications

Dimensions

Length: 120.9 in. (307.0cm)

Width: 47.2 in. (120.0cm)

Height: 42.9 in. (109.0cm)

Weight (dry): 790 lbs. (358Kg)

Rider Capacity: 1 or 2

Fuel Capacity (incl. reserve): 15.9 US gallons (60L)

Reserve:

Oil Capacity: 4.5 L (4.8 qt) dry engine 3.0 L (3.2 qt) after first oil change

Storage Capacity: 10.7 US gal (40.3L)

Engine

Type: Supercharged four-stroke, three-cylinder Rotax™ SOHC with Intercooler

Bore x Stroke: 100mm x 63.4mm

Displacement / hp: 1494cc / 215hp

Compression Ratio: 8.5:1

Intake System:

Carburetion: Multi-port fuel injection

Lubrication: Dry sump, pressure oil system

Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system

Fuel Type: Regular unleaded*

Drive Unit

Propulsion System: Bombardier Formula water jet pump

Jet Pump: Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator

Transmission: Direct drive with forward / neutral / reverse and electric VTS™ (Variable Trim System)

Impeller: Stainless steel, 4-blade

Electrical

Ignition: Digital inductive

Starter: Electric

Battery: 12 volt

Hull

Type: Semi-V, fiberglass reinforced

Color: Apple Green or Viper Red Metallic

Equipment

Fuel / Oil Gauge: STD

D.E.S.S. TM: STD

Assisted Steering: O.P.A.S. STD

Speedometer (analog): STD

Reboarding Step: OPT

WetKitty42 12-15-2004 09:16 PM

I'm still working on the Jet-Boat list. I've been so busy selling jet-skis today. It really feels weird to sell jet-skis in December!!

The Jet Boat list is going to awesome. I have over a dozen leftovers for ridiculus prices.

mcollinstn 12-15-2004 10:03 PM

Fred,

I'm out on the skis. None for me this time around.
Do post the jetboats, though.

WetKitty42 12-15-2004 10:04 PM

Will Doo

X-Rated30 12-15-2004 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by WetKitty42
I'm still working on the Jet-Boat list....The Jet Boat list is going to awesome. I have over a dozen leftovers for ridiculus prices.

We promise not to ridicule you. Just post 'em. :drink:

Maximus 12-16-2004 07:57 AM

Uh Chris are you comparing your hopped up 150 to a stock RXP? And you still ran "neck and neck". Sounds like you answered the argument right there.

My ski did 70.2 WAAS GPS out of the box......165lb rider. The pump wear rings are VERY sensitive and any beaching will cause wear reducing speed significantly.

I agree the 951's had their "challenges " but the XP was one of the most fun ski's to ride.

But were talking about a 1500cc 4stroke. only issues I 've had have been minor trim pieces.

Once you ride it you wont go back to the Kawi........good luck with your ski .

Maximus