Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92389-pier-57-jason-presley-what-happened.html)

DWES 12-14-2004 06:40 PM

Re: Pier 57 and Jason Presley what happened??

I was not the drivers fault it was the throttle man he didn't plan for the turn like maybe slow down.I had a front row seat for that crash.

Sean H 12-14-2004 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Turn ,turn Right Now

i think that was the problem, he should of turned left... :D :D :D :D

GLH 12-14-2004 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i think that was the problem, he should of turned left... :D :D :D :D

I guess he couldn't even manage NASCAR...

Lofty 12-14-2004 06:53 PM

It sounded sweet when he went past on the coals!

Maybe he'll take up air racing next.

"Hmmm just starti'n out, maybe I should run out and buy a $5mil Hawker Sea Fury and run around some pylons at 500+mph on a hot day at altitude?"

Yeah. Good plan. Hope he stays away from the grand stands.

Sean H 12-14-2004 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
I guess he couldn't even manage NASCAR...

he proved he couldn't even steer, you expect him to steer and throttle... :eek: :eek:

oh wait, he did, and damn near buried his indy car into the wall.... :eek:

i just don't think he was meant to race.... :rolleyes:

Minx20 12-14-2004 07:45 PM

Most likely his managers/publicist fault.... probably told him just to sit back and look good going by. With all the onboard cameras he probably zoned out and thought he was on a movie set. :D

bford1 12-15-2004 12:50 PM

Where can the video be downloaded? With all this talk I have to see this.

packinair 12-15-2004 01:19 PM

I have seen for years that everyone raggs on him..who here can honestly say that being in his position and his passion for racing that you would not do the same damn thing?? so he crashed a boat.. havn't alot of people crashed boats?? yea he crashed a car.. so did earnheart. my understanding is he has alot of seat time.. maybe not in a boat but you have to start somewhere, he just started alitte higher class than most..

puder 12-15-2004 06:26 PM

racing cars is one of those thign you have to work with. You start slow and work your way up to a high powered rocket ship. A very experienced racer and frine do mine who own a prep shop has several customer F1 cars (including a micheal schumacher benneton) in his shop and one day i asked him if he'd drive it if his customer was liek "Go for"his reposne was "even after years of driving and winnign races he's have to spedn at least a month running lower formula cars before I'd even thignk abtou getting in an f1 car, cu si don;t want to waste myself"

this commign from someone who has numerous championship and 30+ years experience racing.

And you simply don't blame your crew for a driver **** up. You drive it into a wall its yoru fault. A wheel flies off the crewwed screwwed up but you shoudl have given it a once over before you got into it.

Sean H 12-15-2004 08:05 PM

i go back to the whole just because you can doesn't always mean you should...