Notices

key west pics finally

Old 12-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: key west pics finally

Originally Posted by Madcow
I had one guy who saw me looking at his motors and he closed the hatch on me.
wow, that guys a dick.
Maybe i was some super secret rotary motor he was testing, like a jumbo rx7.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey finnaly some Key west pix! Sorry just kidding. BTW whats the side plates on the drives of Jet Set for? We asked the owner, but he was too much of a jerk to tell us. and wile wer'e at it did any of you get the impretion a lot of the poker run guys where Aholes? I tried talking to a few of them about their boats but they where just to cool to talk to me. I had one guy who saw me looking at his motors and he closed the hatch on me. I always thought it would be cool to run that poker run sometime, but if thats the class of people it draws I'll pass.

i thought most of them were actually pretty cool to talk to...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most seemed pretty cool. I think thats a steering fin on jetset. jetset ran around in the pass several times friday, wow that boat turns hard!!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Registered

When you are pushing 200mph, you need all the steering control you could get. Sorcerer has the same thing.

Mark Smith
Old 12-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

mad cow the fins are the steering for an asd8
Attached Thumbnails key west pics finally-twin-fin-resize.jpg  
Old 12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey finnaly some Key west pix! Sorry just kidding. BTW whats the side plates on the drives of Jet Set for? We asked the owner, but he was too much of a jerk to tell us. and wile wer'e at it did any of you get the impretion a lot of the poker run guys where Aholes? I tried talking to a few of them about their boats but they where just to cool to talk to me. I had one guy who saw me looking at his motors and he closed the hatch on me. I always thought it would be cool to run that poker run sometime, but if thats the class of people it draws I'll pass.
Jimbo .... you need to carry a BIG bowl of shrimp cocktail around with you when your workin the docks man .... then they'll talk to ya !??!??!?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Registered

Jerry,
Or a cooler full of refreshments

vette,
I don't recall you coming by to talk to us? We're always game for cocktails on the dock Sorry we missed you and thanks for the pic. OBTW, WHO are those two cute chicks?

Robert
Old 12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Jimbo .... you need to carry a BIG bowl of shrimp cocktail around with you when your workin the docks man .... then they'll talk to ya !??!??!?
Or a Miller Lite or twelve.

....and wile wer'e at it did any of you get the impretion a lot of the poker run guys where Aholes? I tried talking to a few of them...
I think the comment about PR guys being azzhole is a bit all-encompassing, I know I'm one but most of the guys are not....

Remember that after getting bounced around and salted for 150 miles you might want to rinse and wrap-up and it might not be the right time to chat.

Always start discussions with "Is this a bad time or Would you mind if I asked you a few questions about your boat" Your giving a guy a civil "out" if he has something to do or people to go meet, if he's got the time you'd be surprised how much you'll get back and questions answered.

Heck I've given rides and beers to guys when I had time and the conversation were enjoyable and as you said I'm an azzhole!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tonto
Jerry,
Or a cooler full of refreshments

vette,
I don't recall you coming by to talk to us? We're always game for cocktails on the dock Sorry we missed you and thanks for the pic. OBTW, WHO are those two cute chicks?

Robert
they were hanging around all the apache's go figure!!! i was the guy pretending to take boat pictures.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Kinda like when I was a kid my mom had to put a steak around my neck so the dog would play with me. Sorry to imply they where all dicks, most where not, but more than a couple wher. The impesion was that I didn't qualify.

Quick Reply: key west pics finally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.