Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Congrats on your 16th, LubeJobs42... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92482-congrats-your-16th-lubejobs42.html)

Sean H 12-16-2004 08:19 AM

Re: Congrats on your 16th, LubeJobs42...

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Steve, So sorry you feel you were wronged. I feel I was wronged by you. Guess we're even. Don't worry, I won't hold a grudge.

can't we all just get along.... :D group hug now... :rolleyes:

fund razor 12-16-2004 08:33 AM

We need a section of the board called "The Board." When two members have a dispute, they can each post a three thousand character case statement. This case statement would then be reviewed by members of The Board. (These can be moderators?) Or maybe popularly elected for a specific "term?"
The members of The Board each write a summary judgment, and the simple majority "winner" is declared "Right."

Of course there would be no legally binding authority or enforcement capability. People would still do whatever they were gonna do. But at least the question of who's "right" as far as The Board goes, would be settled for OSO purposes.

The guy wouldn't have to pay you back, so to speak, but you would gain the status of official OSO "rightness."
And then the arguments about who is "right" would take place in their own forum.
Call it Offshore Court. This could all be done using the existing Forum layout. Elections could be held by poll.

This should also satisfy the folks who believe that any arguments that take place in General Discussion make us all look bad to the International Offshore Powerboating Community.

fund razor 12-16-2004 08:37 AM

I hope that you don't mind having a postive idea on your postive thread Gino. :D

Keep up the sobriety. That's a great accomplishment. If you can do 16 years, you can do 32.

Sean H 12-16-2004 08:38 AM

so it is written, so shall it be done..... good idea fund

fund razor 12-16-2004 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
so it is written, so shall it be done..... good idea fund

Well I knew that we'd never pull off a group hug. :D

fund razor 12-16-2004 10:27 AM

Killed another thread. :sorry:

X-Rated30 12-16-2004 11:10 AM

:eureka: Looks fine to me!

LubeJobs42 12-16-2004 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I hope that you don't mind having a postive idea on your postive thread Gino. :D

Keep up the sobriety. That's a great accomplishment. If you can do 16 years, you can do 32.

No problem here!! Thank you again!!!! The only way I won't make another 16 is if I keep getting beat up here! I use to go home from a hard day at the office to enjoy OSO, Lately I've been going from a hard night on OSO to enjoy the office. Somethings wrong here!! Again, thank you to everyone for all your kind thoughts!!!

masher44 12-16-2004 03:27 PM

Call it The Ring

Take the gloves off and get it over with.