Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   eBay advice needed... QUICK (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92492-ebay-advice-needed-quick.html)

Sydwayz 12-15-2004 12:55 PM

Re: eBay advice needed... QUICK

Yeah, but you can raise a stink with Paypal, and they will halt your account to recoup anything they put a limit up to. In other words, if he uses his Amex, and credits his Paypal Account, Paypal transfers the moolah to my Paypal Account, and I cash it, he can dispute the charge in two weeks, force Paypal to refund his money, and then Paypal freezes my account until I pump X amount back to them to cover their loss. Seen it happen.

I'd use Paypal, just not in a rush like this, and he suggested the escrow direction.

$200 bucks, I would not care, but this, nah, its gotta be a little more solid. I've got the ring insured, so I am protected, but I am really anal on things like this. Its gonna be really hard to explain to State Farm that I shipped the ring out in a sale process, and now claim it stolen.

DaveP 12-15-2004 01:12 PM

Deal with Escrow.com The best way to go.

How much feedback does the guy have who wants to buy it?

DaveP 12-15-2004 01:13 PM

ALso - how much are you letting it go for?

BLee 12-15-2004 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
We went together to the bank, cashed the check, and went to the notary together.
I ended up spending the day with the guy, but then again he bought lunch.
But then again it was Subway.

Are you still seeing each other? :D :D

fund razor 12-15-2004 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Are you still seeing each other? :D :D

No. I'm not into the long distance thing.

Or guys.
...ya knob Brandon. :D

DollaBill 12-15-2004 01:47 PM

I got a fake bank check for 4200 last month. SCREWED! Do anything but send him the ring or take a check. WIRE ONLY. NO CASH

yahoo 12-15-2004 01:49 PM

I sold my Impala SS on ebay, I met the guy at the airport (not by myself) he drove it, called his bank wired the monies. I called my bank 15 minutes later it was there, I gave him the title and he drove it back to AZ.

If he is wiring the money make sure it is not an ACH. You can back out of a ACH, its alot like a credit card payment. Make sure it is a wire, verify that with your bank.

CM

X-Rated30 12-15-2004 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can fly round-trip to Las Vegas where this guy is for $300 bucks. Heck, it is $100 to ship it insured. I am emailing him and stating if he buys the airplane ticket, I will make the flight, and deliver it personally, for cash. And cash only.

Best suggestion by far. :cool:

Semper Fi 12-15-2004 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can fly round-trip to Las Vegas where this guy is for $300 bucks. Heck, it is $100 to ship it insured. I am emailing him and stating if he buys the airplane ticket, I will make the flight, and deliver it personally, for cash. And cash only.

Problem now is you can't always trust cash as good either.

Brian,
I will be in Las Vegas this Friday...if you want, I can take care of the transaction for you and help in anyway. I'm actually proposing to my girlfriend this weekend in vegas.
I personally know enough people on this board that you can trust me 110%--- Ask BG1 and BG2, Too Old, HavasuCig, Cigarette1, Tank, etc...

BLee 12-15-2004 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
...ya knob Brandon. :D

hahahaha :D :D :D