Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   DAAAHHHHMMMM car chase (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92544-daaahhhhmmmm-car-chase.html)

open87 12-16-2004 06:50 AM

Re: DAAAHHHHMMMM car chase

t- boned :D

45sonic 12-16-2004 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tempest38
Must be a Ford guy. Therefore they're both Built Ford Tough.

:D :drink: :D :drink:

Sydwayz 12-16-2004 10:57 AM

That was pretty damn intense. He hit that think hard to instantly shatter the windsheild like that.

articfriends 12-16-2004 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
how does a man have a shootout with several police, using a taurus for a shield no less, and not get taken down.. :eek:

You have to realize that even though these cops have training shooting that when someones unloading back on them with all the adrenalin and smoke/noise happening that some of them were firing wildly and probably only hit his car with 1 out of 5 or 10 shots,other wise it would have looked like bonnie and clydes car. I don't imagine its a typical thing for the montana police to be gunning it out with someone either. I'm surprized the t-bone ram didn't finish this guy off too!Smitty

packinair 12-16-2004 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by martiniboat
DITTO!!

Thank God he didn't hurt anyone and got (almost) what he deserved! Too bad he's on the taxpayers' dime now. :mad:

If you shoot at the po-po, you gotta go down... :blaster: :crazy:

Brian

he was sentanced to 11 life terms for shooting 7 people and law enforcement... they should have just dropped him them

Strip Poker 388 12-16-2004 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
We train with shooting rounds through car glass and body sheet metal quite a bit. Many rounds out there do not stay intact when they strike these simple materials. Shotgun slugs will go through as will some rifle rounds (especially Federal Tactical), but many handgun rounds wont.

Often times they fail to penetrate because they fragment and/or disintegrate. Then add with it the oblique angle they were firing at and it is not suprising the rounds did not penetrate through the car. We have found that Federal Tactical ammo does a nice job of penetrating laminated safety glass and sheet metal. They also have a bunker penetration round for certain rifle calibers.

Too bad in the the initial crash the squad underode the rear of the Taurus SHO (hard breaking by the Taurus raised its rear while hard breaking by the squad lowered its nose) . This underride lowered the delta-v of the impact which meant the interia switch for the fuel pump did not trip... Had he hit him square in the azz end it should have tripped the switch shutting the car off until it was re-set.

In the end, the cop did exactly what I would have done afforded with that opportunity.

Troutly thanks for the info. I would of thought for sure a round would go thru the glass or the door.The worse I figure it would reroute it atleast.

Like you said fail to penetrate :D

cuda 12-16-2004 04:52 PM

Here's what the cops needed.

Gun

Madcow 12-16-2004 09:29 PM

If you like car chases, check out thiese movies. Beat the devil has James Brown in it. Pretty Cool. :cool:
www.bmwfilms.com

FountainCS 12-16-2004 09:36 PM

Too bad there wasn't a side cam in the Taurus to see the cop car coming. What a great finish. I'm sure some dirt bag lawyer is out there trying to sue the police department for "excessive force." He should of tapped the breaks to let the guy out of the door then rammed him.