Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Anyone go mudding with there trucks? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92603-ot-anyone-go-mudding-there-trucks.html)

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:17 AM

Re: OT: Anyone go mudding with there trucks?

2 Attachment(s)
Again, these are not really wheelin' pics, but they are wheelin' related. Here is how to break a bead loose when the machine won't do it. Oh yea, for those that are cringing right now, the tire that we are removing from the wheel was no good anyway. Just take it nice and easy and watch the spotter so you run over the tire only and not any part of the wheel. :eek:

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Back to more four wheelin'.

The top picture is a friend's old F-250 with a 460 big block and 35" Swampers.

The middle picture is a friend's bone stock 2WD Ranger. As expected, it did not do well in the soft sand, even with the tires aired down. It sure was fun trying though.

After finding out that the Ranger was no good in the sand, we tried it in the mud with pretty much the same results! :D Hey, nothing that a quick tug of the strap can't fix!

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More of the Ranger in the mud.

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A friend had to "find out what his girlfriend's new 4 runner could do." I think that he also found out what it couldn't do! :D

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nothing like spending a Sunday afternoon at the local mud hop!

Hot Duck 12-17-2004 03:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OK. The last pics for now. Here is my old Blazer in one of the local sand pits. It had a highly modified 350 small block, 4.56 gears and 39 x 15.50 Mickey Thompsons. Shortly after these pics were taken, we changed the springs again to add 2 more inches of lift for more tire clearance. With those tires, this thing ran down the beach like it was on pavement!

Shah Mat 12-17-2004 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Mudding?

We used to have to run double windshield washer pumps on 4 gallon reservoirs. And we went thru replacement wiper inserts every month. The wiper-ed area on the windshield was the only spot you could see out anywhere.

We used to steal the window washer squeegee from 7-11 before going muddin. Whenever I fill up my car at a gas station now days and the squeegee is missing, I just smile.

There was 5 of us, all with small block Jeeps. I had a Willys, and the others had CJ's. Boy, that was good times. Sure was hard on parts, although only a fraction of the cost of boating.

97BossHammer 12-17-2004 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by boot
You say MUD !!! :evilb: I raced for a few years .Here's a couple of my rides ! I just scanned these .not very good quality .....

79 ford , 800hp 429 ford motor , 44" tires with 20" WIDE wheels , and 28" of lift ! This was going to be a monster truck until my guys talked me into going to a mud bog race .... That was it ! I was hooked !! It was still cool being taller then the Peterbuilt ! :D

Love that truck man!!!!!!!!!!

cuda 12-17-2004 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a 1981 Yota. I rebuilt the engine with a performance cam and a header. I never had to be pulled out with this truck, it would go through anything I could find. When I bought it, it had 39 Super Swampers. I put a new set of 36 SS on it. The bed was shot, and I couldn't find a Yota bed to replace it. I checked around and found the longbed Ranger had the wheel wells win the right place, so I put on on it. The Ranger bed was a bit wider and stuck out past the cab. :) Also, the gas filler was on the wrong side, so I just tucked the filler hose up under the fender.

This is the only picture I have of it, notice the custom paint. :) The spot where this picture was taken is where they have big mud pulls. It's called Ocean Pond in Dixie County, where Debbie is from. This was during a drought, and we couldn't find much mud to play in.

clearcut3 12-17-2004 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what mine looks like from day to day activity. I just took these. I have had every make of truck known to man and I am the most abusive on a vehicle. So far dodge is the only one up to the test. :D