Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lubejobs42 And Doing The Right Thing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92607-lubejobs42-doing-right-thing.html)

LubeJobs42 12-16-2004 08:39 PM

Re: Lubejobs42 And Doing The Right Thing

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Some of you may have had some bad business delaings together. However to hijack an earlier thread about a guy who's been sober for 16 years was low. Before you can set-up a tribunal, you at least need to offer a sincere apology. Business is Business. And personal is personal. Once that is done, I volunteer as a non-biased 3rd party if both parties agree to move forward with this in that manner.

Moreover, let's all stop fighting each others fights. We're all grown up here.

Congrats to you Gino on 16 years. That's an amazing accomplishment.

Thank you Mark. There is enough day to day stress in everyones business/career. I feel OSO is a place to discuss our love for our hobby. This site should be a place of enjoyment. It shouldn't be a place for bashing each other. I agree if it's business that occured between members, there could be a place for it. I know from experience, it's horrible to not be able to post because the are people waiting to use the board as a weapon.
With the incident between Homan and Myself, this was the post from OSO which did Mediate the incident:
"let me clarify something for you. When the whole Homan, Lubejobs thing went down I researched it extensively. Three people had the same story and one had another. I can tell you that South Florida is very small and Lubejobs does not have a reputation for ripping people off."
I would think this should be good enough on this incident, Don't you?

X-Rated30 12-16-2004 09:53 PM

Tribunal of three, my a$$. Post both sides like we have always done, and let the board members sort it out. The only thing that needs to be changed is the name calling and ad hominem attacks. Frankly, those only make the offering party look bad, anyway.

This technique has worked in EVERY OSO DISPUTE EVER POSTED, INCLUDING APACHE THREADS!!! (They just take a little longer.) The complaining member may not have gotten justice, but the member in the wrong has ALWAYS been outed and been ostracized to one extent or another.

Starting an OSO Court will only move this stuff out of the public eye. I researched the issue b/w Homan and LubeJobs42 this morning back to the original E-bay auction announcement by LubeJobs42. There is no clear answer in the threads. I would love to see the original E-Bay auction discription, but it was gone.

Homan, I would like to see you present your side. So far, you have been pretty vague in your accusations and even SemperFi was more specific on Gino's original "16yr thread" about what happened. Spit it out, man. :cool:

masher44 12-16-2004 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
Tribunal of three, my a$$. Post both sides like we have always done, and let the board members sort it out. The only thing that needs to be changed is the name calling and ad hominem attacks. Frankly, those only make the offering party look bad, anyway.

This technique has worked in EVERY OSO DISPUTE EVER POSTED, INCLUDING APACHE THREADS!!! (They just take a little longer.) The complaining member may not have gotten justice, but the member in the wrong has ALWAYS been outed and been ostracized to one extent or another.

Starting an OSO Court will only move this stuff out of the public eye. I researched the issue b/w Homan and LubeJobs42 this morning back to the original E-bay auction announcement by LubeJobs42. There is no clear answer in the threads. I would love to see the original E-Bay auction discription, but it was gone.

Homan, I would like to see you present your side. So far, you have been pretty vague in your accusations and even SemperFi was more specific on Gino's original "16yr thread" about what happened. Spit it out, man. :cool:

Word up Man!

VeeCat 12-16-2004 10:27 PM

Why is a bunch of E-bay stuff slung out here?
There ain't no warranty on auction style used parts. You want a warranty go buy new stuff. Take it up with E-bay dude or maybe you did and they didn't want to help a cheapskate whinner. Sounds like hydraulic steering system, extension boxes and whatever else you received including freight was a bargain. Just goes to show you just can not make some people happy period. I would also bet that this is not your first complaint when purchasing any item...........

formula31 12-16-2004 10:35 PM

You spent that kind of scratch sight unseen? On a ebay auction? Wish I had that kind of money to throw away. Ive had some good experiences and some bad ones on ebay. But I would never buy anything over $100 that I hadnt seen or had someone I trusted look at. They also have an escrow service. Geez.

X-Rated30 12-17-2004 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by formula31
...But I would never buy anything over $100 that I hadnt seen or had someone I trusted look at...

Well, alot of us would and have. I agree that the issue is whether the thing sold was as it was described. :cool:

LubeJobs42 12-17-2004 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, in this particular case. I was accurate. There were photos of EVERY piece for sale. The auctions were started at $1 with No reserve. If it all sold for $100 would he give me $5400 extra? Homan made it out like the stuff I sold him was pure garbage. He said there was stuff missing such as a steering reservoir. There wasn't one picture or metioned because I used the stock one on the P.S. pump on my 500 EFIS so there wasn't one. He said I didn't give him some type of Doughnut to attach the extension box to the engine, I didn't have one, I had custom 18 inch driveshafts. So he assumed the stuff from my cat would just bolt up to his 198? Scarab. He assumed wrong and was mad. NEVER asked one single question before bidding. ANYONE that knows my boat, knows how I keep my stuff, If these is a small scratch or a stress crack, it goes to the painter immediately. Oil is changed every 10 hours, If there is she slightest fray in a trim hose it's changed. I have never skimped on $1. Only 24 days pryor (The last time the boat was used) to Homan buying the stuff, they did the photo shoot for Hotboat for their 2004 Cat review. They ended up using my boat for the cover of nearly 25 other Brand new cats. Motion didn't have an 2004 available so they used mine. Mine is a 2001 and HotBoat still thought it was a new 2004. How bad could the stuff had looked? He showed photos of old corroded junk when he bashed me.

AugiePensa 12-17-2004 06:51 AM

You bought something used, there is a reason why they got rid of it! That was your choice, ya gotta live with it. This is no place to air $hit out like that. Gino, ENJOY your life and CONGRATS to you.

LubeJobs42 12-17-2004 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Augie Pensa
You bought something used, there is a reason why they got rid of it! That was your choice, ya gotta live with it. This is no place to air $hit out like that. Gino, ENJOY your life and CONGRATS to you.

Thank you Augie. It's freezing down in here today, it's only 68 now and going to reach a bone chilling 73. How is the whether in Jersey???

dockrocker 12-17-2004 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Thank you Augie. It's freezing down in here today, it's only 68 now and going to reach a bone chilling 73. How is the whether in Jersey???

Damn Lube, I was on your side till you posted that ****! :mad: :p :evilb: