Notices

Fellow Banana Owners

Old 09-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellow Banana Owners

OK guys I need a little help with my trailering situation. I just pulled the boat out of the water this weekend and had the most miserable time doing so. My problem is that the trailer I got with the boat is not the right one for the boat. I mean it fits the boat and all but not very well. In order to get the bow to meet the bow stop you need to have the entire boat floating, and then slowly pull it out of the water and hope it lands on the bunks right as it comes out. This practice caused much frustration and even more anger when the bow came off the side of the bow stop and the metal bracket that holds it gouged the S%#* out of the bow.

Well sorry for the ranting guys. I guess my question is what trailers do you all use? Or if you know Charlie, who was the trailer supplier when they were being sold?

Oh. Charlie, Thanks for the info you sent.
And AirDog thanks for the prop advise over on S&F. I would love to check out the work you have done to it as I would like to change some things too and might get some ideas from seeing yours.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Fellow Banana Owners

sorry to hear about your damage...hope it'll be an easy fix. The OE trailers used to be EZ-Loader. My dad actually got a new one a couple of years back - I'll get you the model # and post later...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

Hey Fruitta,

I have been offline for a while since I am currently in flight training.

I drove down here, so I plan on coming back with a new trailer for my banana boat.

I saw the photo of your trailer and you need to get rid of that thing.

My current trailer is a welded steel custom made for a Banana Boat.

I believe it to be an Eagle.

It is the easiest thing to use. Easier than my 13 foot checkmate I used to have.

It has deep V quad bunks that no matter how you pull or drive the boat on, it finds the center and your done.

I am getting an Aluminum I-beam because I use my rig in the salt.

You can buy my original Banana Boat trailer off me for a steal.

It is definately a fixer upper with lots of rust and no fenders, but it is custom made for your boat.

Call me when you get a chance.

CHris
603-591-1391
Old 10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'd love to get the numbers from you Charlie just in case I need to order one ever.

Chris, How long before you get back home? I'de love to come and check it out and take it off your hands. As well as check out your boat for some future ideas for mine

Thanks agian
Adam
Old 10-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Fellow Banana Owners

Adam,

My boat is in storage at my brothers house in Weare, NH.

You would have to drive there to see it.

I still havent found a trailer down here yet.

I am scheduled to drive back around Thanksgiving so I have time to shop around.

Also looking for a powerhead so I can go from one blender to two.

Chris
Old 10-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Fellow Banana Owners

Sure just drive down or up, why dont you drag your boat with you and throw it in my yard with the rest of them. It looks like I have a used boat dealership. As a matter of fact anyone with a Banana Boat can leave it at my house for the winter. WE even shrink wrap and winterize them. Its a long way to come Charlie so you better leave soon. Rick
Old 10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fellow Banana Owners

Adam you must live somewhere not to far from us if your boat is on winnie. You should come play in Portsmouth with us next summer. We were up on winnie this year and i have never see so many people with so much money in there boats that don't know what the hell they're doing. Its scary.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by heatbuzz
i have never see so many people with so much money in there boats that don't know what the hell they're doing. Its scary.

You're not kidding! We have a place on Sleepers Island in Alton. I was gonna ask where abouts you are at in Weare? I'm comming up to get my boat either this monday or next weekend sometime. I'd love to come by and see Chris' trailer and boat if you are available. Let me know. Thanks, Adam
Old 10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Registered

Heat Buzz

Just for the record. You do not want to store any boat at Heat buzz's house.

Yes the storage fees are low, but you pay in other ways.

Each time you stop by to visit your water toy, something else is missing off of your boat.

And strangley enough, by some sort of miracle, call it an act of the great almighty, the part you are missing is the latest addition to Heat Buzz's boat.

His free storage is the web and he is the spider.

Last edited by Air Dog; 10-05-2004 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 10-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Is the forward bunks adjustable up and down, if so you need to adjust the front of the bunks up to capture the bow of the boat sooner, or adjust the back down and pull trailer in shallower

Quick Reply: Fellow Banana Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.