Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which trailer do you have? What would you buy? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92726-trailer-do-you-have-what-would-you-buy.html)

Hot Duck 12-18-2004 11:53 PM

Re: Which trailer do you have? What would you buy?

3 Attachment(s)
As most of you know, we have been working on an Apache for the past 2 years. This boat was on a 15 year old Myco when we bought it. It had the potential to be a nice trailer, but it had been badly neglected and was in need of a major overhaul. We ended up selling that trailer and replacing it with a new Myco. We added a lot of custom options to this trailer and I am very impressed with how well it turned out. Like the others, this trailer was delivered at the quoted price and it was delivered on time.

I really cannot say enough about this company. They build a great product, they do what they say they are going to do and they stand behind their work 110%. I am sure that there are other trailer manufacturers out there that do a great job, but of the last few trailers that I have personally owned, I feel that Myco has them beat hands down. Somebody else mentioned this above, but your trailer is carrying a huge investment down the highway, so buy the absolute best one that you can afford? If you can swing it, go with a Myco and I really don't think that there is any way that you will be disappointed.

Myco Trailers

blownincome 12-19-2004 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP
MYCO all the way! There is nothing better....period. Customer service is also second to none.

Same here!

GLH 12-19-2004 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Myco all the way.

Had a Hi-Tech/Allison that worked wonderfully also under the Cafe Racer

Indy 12-19-2004 08:40 AM

One important factor you haven't mentioned is whether or not the trailer is going to see salt water or not. All those pretty steel trailers on this thread will be junk shortly when exposed to salt water. I burned through a new steel trailer in a year and a half by repeated dunkings in salt water (it came with the boat I bought). Go aluminum just on the chance that it'll see salt water, and as an added benefit, it'll open up the market to more buyers when you decide to sell the boat.

Panther 12-19-2004 09:12 AM

I have a Magnum trailer, no complaints, trailered once all the way from Boston.

Madcow 12-19-2004 09:16 AM

Hot Duck, how much did you pay for that welded aluminum Myco. I have a Maning now which is a fairly nice trailer, but very heavy (4600 lbs). would like to go aluminum, but would need to be a nice one.

Steet 12-19-2004 09:27 AM

I have an painted aluminum Ameritrail under my boat and it is very nice and well made. Pulls great. I have friends with Myco's and they are very nice.
If I was buying a new trailer I would probably look at all the ones mentioned above, but would not have a problem going back to the Ameritrail, as this is my 4th one and Zero problems
There are a lot of quality trailers out there.

cougarman 12-19-2004 09:42 AM

Madcow,

If you talk to MYCO, you will be surprised there is very
little weight difference from there Aluminum to the steel.

Just show's MYCO builds heavy duty both in Aluminum and steel!

Aluminum is 12" wide on MYCO

Cougarman

Sean H 12-19-2004 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
two words.... drive guards!!! the best money you will spend no matter what trailer you get...

Hot Duck 12-20-2004 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
two words.... drive guards!!! the best money you will spend no matter what trailer you get...

Sean H: AMEN to that! So many people say that you only need a drive guard if you do a lot of highway travel and that it is a waste of money if you are only traveling locally. I have to disagree. Even though we did a lot of traveling with this boat, this accident happened only a few miles away from home! Not only did the drive guard save the boat, but it probably saved the life of the lady that hit us. With this trailer, the drive guard collided with her bumper, but without the drive guard, the drives and tabs may have gone through her windshield!

Madcow: You have a PM.