Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Its cold in NJ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92805-its-cold-nj.html)

T2x 12-21-2004 03:56 PM

Re: Its cold in NJ

Originally Posted by Panther
The whole global warming thing is pretty interesting.... It actually makes for more extreme seasons. Just think, somewhere else in the world the temp is well above normal.

The whole global warming thing is the creation of a clever academic......

Start a "theory"..... gain national exposure......

Use it as a political football...... apply for government money to "study" the theory...

Enlist Hollywood types to decry the "situation"........

Add quotes from Hillary and Ralph Nader ....... run them in the NY Times and CNN

"Blame" it on big business......and Republicans......and the war in Iraq

Make disaster movies based on it.

Be prepared to adjust to a "Global Chilling" theory, if temperatures fall instead of rise.

Never admit you pulled the concept out of your *ss.......

T2x

Panther 12-21-2004 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
The whole global warming thing is the creation of a clever academic......

Start a "theory"..... gain national exposure......

Use it as a political football...... apply for government money to "study" the theory...

Enlist Hollywood types to decry the "situation"........

Add quotes from Hillary and Ralph Nader ....... run them in the NY Times and CNN

"Blame" it on big business......and Republicans......and the war in Iraq

Make disaster movies based on it.

Be prepared to adjust to a "Global Chilling" theory, if temperatures fall instead of rise.

Never admit you pulled the concept out of your *ss.......

T2x

Whatever it is, Mother Nature will win I'm sure.

CAP071 12-21-2004 04:49 PM

I was thinking today. Thank god I'm not a mailman anymore. I couldn't handle much of this cold :eek:

dreamboater 12-21-2004 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
In this thread I have seen TWO broken windshields from engaging the defroster in cold weather. TANTRUM - what kind of truck is it, and is it covered by warranty ?

I've been in 35 below ( without the wind chill, Saranac Lake NY ) and never seen that happen.
What's funny is that when your antifreeze freezes solid, your vehicle overheats.
Oxymoronic or what . . . ( if not, at least it's ironic ) . . .
< sorry for the off-topic >

Funny you say that the coldest I have ever been was around 40 below (also with out wind chill) this was very close to Saranac Lake. I was skiing at White Face in Lake Placid NY. With windchill it was -60 at mid mountain and they claimed -100 at the top (it was closed so I really have no idea). It was too cold to ski. I can remember taking my glove off to wipe my face and feeling the tingly feeling immediately. The ski slopes were solid ice, literally. It was absolutely miserable. Thats cold as hell, I dont care how many layers and what clothes you are wearing. I love that area, but damn it gets cold up there.

DannyD 12-21-2004 09:30 PM

I knew I should have put a deposit on one of them condos while I was in Key West.
The door on my car was frozen shut yesterday morning. :mad: This really sucks especially when your in a hurry like I was....
At least its back to Fla in February for me. Anyone else headed south for the boat show in Miami?