Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rumor or truth? Cigarette hulls (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92894-rumor-truth-cigarette-hulls.html)

Crazyhorse 12-21-2004 03:01 PM

Rumor or truth? Cigarette hulls

I heard that Skater Marine in Douglas, MI is going to be laying up some hulls for Cigarette. Anyone else know anything about this?

Ron P 12-21-2004 03:07 PM

Re: Rumor or truth? Cigarette hulls

They've already done a few. One of them is the 45' Gladiator called Maximus.

jeaston 12-21-2004 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Well then according to some of you around here if Skater laid up Cig hulls then Cig must not know what they are doing! Um...cough....cough...Fountain...um.... :evilb: :eek: :drink:

I'm not touching this, :drink:

jeaston 12-21-2004 03:46 PM

Yeah, I don't blame you...I just have nothing else better to do at the moment so I want to see if those screen names in question come out from under there rock. :drink:
Seriously though does anyone know why Skater laid up the Maximus boat?

Still not touching that. :drink:

cigarette1 12-21-2004 03:52 PM

Yeah, I don't blame you...I just have nothing else better to do at the moment so I want to see if those screen names in question come out from under there rock. :drink:
Seriously though does anyone know why Skater laid up the Maximus boat?

Which Maximus?? Are you talking about the X-Rio Roses?

G

Panther 12-21-2004 03:57 PM

To me it would make sense. :rolleyes:

It makes perfect business sense not to stop the production line to build a custom lay-up hull. Those guys up at Skater sure know what they are doing and that is what they specialize in. Outsourcing is the unfortunate fact of our lives these days.

MitchStellin 12-21-2004 03:57 PM

Skater designs for many mfgs. This would certianly be done right, Skater does nothing half a$$. Let me know, they are just a short distance from where I live.

mcraymond3 12-21-2004 04:12 PM

I have heard this also. I have a friend that was at the Skater factory last week and he said they were talking about it then.

Sean H 12-21-2004 04:29 PM

they wanted it to be fast.... :evilb: :D :evilb:

BLee 12-21-2004 04:31 PM

No secret there. Rio Roses was partially done at Douglas Marine. I see no problem with getting together with the maker of 200+ mph cats for optimum results. I'll damn sure buy one! :cool: :D