Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Okay...I give up...what happened to my Cig factory thread...?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92931-okay-i-give-up-what-happened-my-cig-factory-thread.html)

BillR 12-22-2004 01:35 PM

Re: Okay...I give up...what happened to my Cig factory thread...??

I'll bet the thread got poofed because there was a pic of the new Merc HP600 engine that was about to be installed in a boat. Since that engine doesn't "officially" exist yet, Merc and or Cig got it poofed.

Thats my best guess. :eek:

fund razor 12-22-2004 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BillR
I'll bet the thread got poofed because there was a pic of the new Merc HP600 engine that was about to be installed in a boat. Since that engine doesn't "officially" exist yet, Merc and or Cig got it poofed.

Thats my best guess. :eek:

Either that or he got a shot of a black one with no registration coming back to the lift at 3 am. :D

h2owarrior 12-22-2004 01:57 PM

I say start another thread with the pics. The boats that I saw were really sweet. It appears to me that Cig. is serious about building some very nice looking boats. If there was something touchy in the thread, fine, get rid if it.....but post the pics :D

Shanghied Again 12-22-2004 02:26 PM

It may have not been a Cigarette thing, The Pictures showed Mercs 600s that are not supposed to preview until January

Sean H 12-22-2004 02:33 PM

did anybody save those pics?

US1 Fountain 12-22-2004 02:36 PM

How about it OSO? You got some 'splain'n to do.

BLee 12-22-2004 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
I posted the explanation last night, the boat that flipped was not at the factory, it is still in storage because the insurance co. is trying to deny the claim and screw his family. (I could go on but I'll leave the Insurance rant alone for now.) At the time of the accident he owned at 2002 Top Gun and was selling it because he had a 2004 on order. His brother now has the 2004 and informed me that it was for sale, I asked yesterday if it was infact still for sale. 3 days ago it was here in Myrtle Beach, yesterday it was shown at the Cig. factory. If people would take time to read what was posted yesterday they would have understood that this was not a rumor post at all. It is bad enough the mess the family is going through with the insurance co. and the courts trying to "figure out/make up" what happened. You're exactly right too, John's brother is a nice guy, John was too.

Hey no prob man. Wasn't trying to single anyone out. :cool:

Cord 12-22-2004 06:06 PM

I looked at the pics last night, and I saw nothing that I didn't take a pic of. In fact, I took pics of many things that other builders would have considered confidental. I always asked before I took the pic and it never was a problem. I didn't see any pictures in that thread that I was told would be confidental.

Sean H 12-22-2004 06:15 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: big brother.... :cool:

US1 Fountain 12-23-2004 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Funny.....they nuke that thread from what I bet was a simple phone call.....but they keep that Apache BS thread going and going and going and going.... :rolleyes:

Simple, OSO was the originator of the Apache thread. You think they would nuke their own stuff? Naaaaaa. ;)