Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   why most car salesman don't make money (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92939-why-most-car-salesman-dont-make-money.html)

David 12-22-2004 11:28 AM

Re: why most car salesman don't make money

When my wife and I were looking for a Jeep for her, we were driving down the road and saw a purple Jeep sitting in the dealer's lot. She "HAD" to have a purple one with auto trans. This was the first one I had seen. We pulled in the lot, parked, and went over to look at the vehicle. Perfect- purple with auto trans. We walked into the showroom, and every salesperson ignored us. A couple of them glanced at us, and went back to BS'ing. After a few minutes of being ignored, my wife saw a salesman coming from upstairs. She asked if the purple Jeep was for sale, and he at least didn't ignore her question. We sat at his desk, gave him a deposit. I asked what the bottom line was, and exactly how much to bring with when we came to get the car. When we came back in a few days to get the car, salesmen were all over us. I told them "don't bother, you're too late". I gave them a check, and we were out the door. The salesman we bought from told us that some of the other salespeople asked about us after we left the first time. He told them they F-ed up. He told them it was the easiest sale he ever had. We knew what we wanted, asked how much, and paid cash. The others were probably kicking themselves in the a$$
Bottom line- If we didn't take the first purple one we saw, and we were ignored, I would have walked out the door and gone elsewhere. But we hadn't seen any other with auto trans. Plenty of stick shift, tho.

pm203 12-22-2004 12:54 PM

Everybody likes to tell their horror stories about car dealers.Like in any business,there is good and bad.People will take the time to research what vehicle they want,but dont research what dealer to buy from.If you dont do your research, and are not treated properly,dont blame the dealer,blame yourself.

FASTTIMES 12-22-2004 01:04 PM

I bet the Black on Black lariat is rare,, I've only know ford to put tan in the lariat's...
Congrats,, they are nice trucks
TC

R Addiction 12-22-2004 01:14 PM

F150........What are you towing a bayliner? :eek: I'm a GM tech at a PontiacBuickGMC dealer in Pa. I worked with a whole crew of a-holes in the sales dept. when I bought my wifes yukon. I wanted a certain color with certain options and it was like I was talking to a brick wall. What about the Yukons we have on the lot...........thats all I heard for weeks. Finally went online and found the truck I wanted and it was in Maryland. They dealer traded it to my work, as simple as that!! :rolleyes:

fund razor 12-22-2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
Everybody likes to tell their horror stories about car dealers.Like in any business,there is good and bad.People will take the time to research what vehicle they want,but dont research what dealer to buy from.If you dont do your research, and are not treated properly,dont blame the dealer,blame yourself.

Even people who have not done any research deserve basic customer service.

Successful professional consultive salespeople know how to treat people. Period.
And they earn a good living for doing it.

jtmiller02 12-22-2004 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by mcraymond3
I will call you back. Let me know if you want a Ford truck. I will give you a very fair price. Congrats on the new truck. You will love it!
www.sandersford.com

Mat

I'll vouch for mat 100%, my brother called him with questions about a truck and he has been very helpful answering his questions. He is still undecided on a new or used truck, but Mat has been very helpful answering his questions and offering up some great prices on new trucks.

dykstra 12-22-2004 01:39 PM

congrats :drink:

The Menace 12-22-2004 01:47 PM

It was determined by survey that the F-150 is the most popular and common vehicles among all millionaires.

Sean H 12-22-2004 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
It was determined by survey that the F-150 is the most popular and common vehicles among all millionaires.

i think that might be true of all economic levels... everybody has one of those things.

Shanghied Again 12-22-2004 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Truck Congrats. Thats my 150 in the background