Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   why most car salesman don't make money (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92939-why-most-car-salesman-dont-make-money.html)

hugetime1 12-22-2004 08:53 AM

why most car salesman don't make money

I have been truck shopping for the pat 2 days, I walked into about 6 dealers and told them what I wanted and if they had it or could find it, I would take it. I gave them my cell phone # and told them to get back to me when they located it. can you believe that not one dealer called me back. it took me calling a friend that new someone in the business to find the truck for me. he did find it and I bought it right there just like i said I would. by the way I ended up getting the f150 lariot supercrew black with black leather, landwalrus edition.

CigDaze 12-22-2004 08:54 AM

Re: why most car salesman don't make money

Good choice! :cool:

GLH 12-22-2004 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
...I ended up getting the f150 lariot supercrew black with black leather, landwalrus edition.

Watch the GVWR it's only an F-150... hauling the Landwalrus alone might tap that bad boy out. :D

Should be enough for that 26ft ride however. :D:D:D

CigDaze 12-22-2004 09:01 AM

Justice is more precious than all gold. ;)

GLH 12-22-2004 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cig Daze
Justice is more precious than all gold. ;)

Good man

JCPERF 12-22-2004 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by hugetime1
I have been truck shopping for the pat 2 days, I walked into about 6 dealers and told them what I wanted and if they had it or could find it, I would take it. I gave them my cell phone # and told them to get back to me when they located it. can you believe that not one dealer called me back. it took me calling a friend that new someone in the business to find the truck for me. he did find it and I bought it right there just like i said I would. by the way I ended up getting the f150 lariot supercrew black with black leather, landwalrus edition.

You back from landwalrus snowmobiling?That must of been some powerful machine. :D :evilb:

TheDingy 12-22-2004 09:10 AM

I feel your pain... I have been car shopping for the last three weeks...

mcraymond3 12-22-2004 09:22 AM

I will call you back. Let me know if you want a Ford truck. I will give you a very fair price. Congrats on the new truck. You will love it!
www.sandersford.com

Mat

Wally 12-22-2004 09:23 AM

wow.....salesmen must be making some big bucks if they dont call back down there......around here when i was looking for my bigblock burban i gave out my cell to a couple places and the damn phone wouldnt stop ringing!!! They found lots of trucks just none with the colors or options i wanted. :( Finnaly found one on my own online about an hour away :D

TEAMBAJA 12-22-2004 11:12 AM

We live in a small town, and have seen all kinds of people come to my dads carlot. He is one of the smaller used car lots, so you get alot of tire kickers.

One day, one of the carlots down the street called (buddies of my dads) and were laughing saying they were sending someone up. Sure enough, this huge filthy man shows up. He's so fat, he actually had strips of material sewn down the legs of his pants to make them wider. He was carry a dirty old bag too. He looked like he didnt have a pot to piss in. Anyway, dad went out to talk to him and ended up riding along with him on a test drive. He came back, and amazingly that dirty old bag was full of cash and he bought the Blazer! So, obviously we called the other carlot back...............laughing! :drink: