Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OH/PA Route 80 NEED Weather report (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/92954-oh-pa-route-80-need-weather-report.html)

Ms PatriYacht 12-22-2004 11:44 AM

OH/PA Route 80 NEED Weather report-WE MADE IT

We are supposed to be driving east from MI through OH and PA to get to Long Island tomorrow. The weather report looks like real bad for tomorrow, what's it like around
Cleveland and Youngstown right now, anyone know???????? I was thinking about trying to
talk Mr P into heading out this evening or sooner and maybe try to get as far as Youngstown. Any thoughts??????[/LEFT]

Mr P if you read this call me

Tabasco Cat 12-22-2004 11:50 AM

Re: OH PA Route 80 Weather report

Ms P,
After reading about the huge pile-up the other day on 80 outside of Pitt due to inclimate weather you are right in trying to get out early. Inclimate weather (snow/ice) on that road with the addition of holiday traffic is not something to take to chance. Have a safe trip and a happy holiday.

Greg

Katapult 12-22-2004 11:57 AM

Re: OH/PA Route 80 NEED Weather report

Eastern LI now 50 and sunny where on LI are you going?

Ms PatriYacht 12-22-2004 12:03 PM

hopefully we are going to be heading to Babylon, my sisters and after a few days to East Meadow my parents. Presents all wrapped and just hoping to spend Chrismas with them. I am sure this weather will create problems for a lot of people. But I guess I should be glad that we are here to celebrate and not in Iraq. I will keep that in mind if I tend to get to frantic. I hope some of the Toledo and Cleveland guys will post to let me know what
it is like there now.

Queenie 12-22-2004 12:13 PM

We're live approx 45 miles east of Cleveland. It's snowing right now and at a pretty good rate. 6-8" today and another 4-6" Thursday morning. If you're traveling I-80 it may not be that bad as it's not suppose to go that far once you're past the Cleveland area. The path is straight from Cincy to just a little east of Cleveland but not directly north which should help.

My in-laws live near where the I-80 accident was, but they are forecasting all rain in the Youngstown area there for now. After this storm is out of here Thursday morning, lake effect kicks in. I-80 near the OH/PA border shouldn't be affected too much with the lake effect, only the counties that border the lakes.

I would anticipate you'll have some problems near the MI/OH border. The closer you get to Youngstown the better things should be IF they predicted it right.

Have a safe trip and happy holidays.

Barb

Queenie 12-22-2004 12:16 PM

Forgot to mention, it is going to get a lot colder. High's Christmas Eve 18 with low's at 0. Christmas Day high is 11. This will be throughout PA but not sure about NY.

cgarrett 12-22-2004 12:18 PM

I live about 15 miles or so North of Youngstown,Ohio.
At around 1:10pm it is 32 and cloudy.
The temerature is expected to drop and calling for 1-3 today and a few more tonight.
Right now the uncertain thing is the possible freezing rain.
Looks like the band is covering the state they say Toledo through Cleveland is getting hit with the snow. So far temps to the east through PA are warmer and only rain.

They do a pretty good job of keeping the Turnpike clear when they know it is comming.
Have a safe trip.
Cordell

cgarrett 12-22-2004 12:20 PM

LOL!..............Hi Barb :D

Small world.

Cordell

fund razor 12-22-2004 12:38 PM

Hi Ms. P,

Just flurries in Toledo right now.
Nothing on the ground yet.

Looks like it's on the way though.

It will snow a few inches later this afternoon and then some more overnight.

fund razor 12-22-2004 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
We are supposed to be driving east from MI through OH and PA to get to Long Island tomorrow. The weather report looks like real bad for tomorrow, what's it like around
Cleveland and Youngstown right now, anyone know???????? I was thinking about trying to
talk Mr P into heading out this evening or sooner and maybe try to get as far as Youngstown. Any thoughts??????

Good idea.