Scott Summeral works for US Airways

Notices

Scott Summeral works for US Airways

Old 12-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Summeral works for US Airways

US Airways Asks Workers to Work for Free
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Bankrupt US Airways (OTC BB:UAIRQ.OB - news) on Wednesday said it is asking nonunion employees who are not scheduled to work over the New Year's weekend to volunteer to work for free at its Philadelphia operations.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:05 PM
jtmiller02

Default Re: Scott Summeral works for US Airways

Hahaha, volunteer, good luck with that. Yeah I'm gonna volunteer to work because all the workers in a union are bankrupting my company. I'm sure everyone will be happy to volunteer.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie

Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd fly up there and volunteer. I'd do 1 hour for every employee they fire that "called off" with no valid reason. Sounds like it's a suck a$$ company to work for based on some of the ways they "manage", but what a bunch of spinless wussies! If they don't like working there, they can quit. THAT would send the right message to US Airways, not screwing their customers/ex-customers.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Registered

In the article I read (Fox News) it said:

Mollie McCarthy, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants chapter in Philadelphia, said 238 flight attendants called out sick on Christmas Eve this year, compared to 261 in 2003. She said 306 called out sick on Christmas Day this year, compared to 298 in 2003.

"We love this company. It is our home. It is our family," McCarthy said. "This time, the public is blaming us. We're their neighbors. We are the people who help them on the airplane. And they don't trust us anymore."

All I'm saying is it makes you wonder what is really going on. I've heard that they treat the employees poorly, and I'm quite sure that if my employer suddenly started paying me 20% less, I would be pissed too. But, I'd probably be looking for a job once that happened. I'm just not convinced that the remaining airlines need that many extra flight attendants and baggage clerks.

There's a lot of spinning going on.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Old 12-29-2004, 08:13 PM
jtmiller02

Originally Posted by Bonnie Outlaw
In the article I read (Fox News) it said:

Mollie McCarthy, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants chapter in Philadelphia, said 238 flight attendants called out sick on Christmas Eve this year, compared to 261 in 2003. She said 306 called out sick on Christmas Day this year, compared to 298 in 2003.

"We love this company. It is our home. It is our family," McCarthy said. "This time, the public is blaming us. We're their neighbors. We are the people who help them on the airplane. And they don't trust us anymore."

All I'm saying is it makes you wonder what is really going on. I've heard that they treat the employees poorly, and I'm quite sure that if my employer suddenly started paying me 20% less, I would be pissed too. But, I'd probably be looking for a job once that happened. I'm just not convinced that the remaining airlines need that many extra flight attendants and baggage clerks.

There's a lot of spinning going on.

Its not a sudden thing, they have been trying for years to get pay cuts, I don't understand the mentality, "I would rather bankrupt the company I work for, and put myself out of work, than work for less."

Shows more and more why employee ownership programs are such a great idea, also ideas like selling property to employees and leasing it back from them. Employees who don't care, aren't good employees, selfish attitudes aren't going to fix any of the problems businesses are having.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

Personally, I wish the airlines would get rid of all flight attendants and install vending machines on the aircraft for pop and peanuts.
The fight attendants on the flights I've taken lately have been something less that helpful and/or friendly. I say let 'em flip burgers under the golden arches.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Personally, I wish the airlines would get rid of all flight attendants and install vending machines on the aircraft for pop and peanuts.
The fight attendants on the flights I've taken lately have been something less that helpful and/or friendly. I say let 'em flip burgers under the golden arches.
Both the men and women on those flights do dick!!!!Literally
Old 12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Registered

Some are aware that I am a supervisor for American Airlines aircraft overhaul. Management.

Some of my mechanics feel that mechaincs at U.S. Air and United should stand their ground to the end. That way it will not drive down the wages of the airlines that survive. Struggling airline employees that accept wage, benefit and work rule concessions cause a ripple effect in the other airlines.

Regardless if it is necessary to preserve everyone's job.

I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot they would do the same.

Last edited by Infomaniac; 12-29-2004 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Scott Summeral works for US Airways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.