Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Made an offer? Your Thoughts? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93347-made-offer-your-thoughts.html)

jtmiller02 12-28-2004 08:08 PM

Re: Made an offer? Your Thoughts?

Well the broker is most likely going to tell him its a crappy offer etc....but if he is out of the market's range he will be calling you back eventually no matter how "insulted" he felt. Always offer a little below market, if they are unrealistic it is not your problem. Remember business is business and emotions get left at home.

ActiveThunder 12-28-2004 08:09 PM

Hey, little Buddy. Nice Christmas card! Judy is still looking good. So what are you trying to buy? Call me when you can and happy new year, the Skipper.

mkramer 12-28-2004 08:11 PM

offer $200,000 then

clearcut3 12-28-2004 08:28 PM

As already stated a boat is only worth what someone will pay for it. Sounds like the broker is Full of chit in this situation. If the seller is insulted WHO CARES...especially since it's not priced with the market.

Pantera1 12-28-2004 08:32 PM

If I was the seller I would "entertain" any offers ..All it does is give you a better feel for what the market will bare.. I cant stand it when I hear the "Insult" plea .. Its a physical object , if you have an emotional attachement to it.. seek pro help :drink:

Von Bongo 12-28-2004 08:34 PM

Well the broker makes a comission as a percent of sale I bet so that is some incentive for him to want a higher offer.

I don't know how boat brokers are regulated but a RE agent has to present an offer no matter how poor.

h2owarrior 12-28-2004 09:03 PM

Well, It appears I have taken the correct tack on the offer. I told the broker to submit the offer as is. If the guy takes it great, if he counters we can negotiate and if he blows it off, I have my money and he has his boat. By the way it is a 1999 43' Fairline Targa. It has been on the market for over 18 months. Would love to have the boat but not at close $100,000 over what appears to be market price.

Active Thunder. If the deal does not work out on this one, I will be in Miami in the middle of January to look at a 44' Camargue.........Judy and the kids will be along. It would be great if we could get together. :D :drink: :drink:

Namwot 12-28-2004 10:00 PM

If I had my boat listed with a broker and the broker didn't present the offer, I would get rid of the broker. The broker should present the offer whether he likes it or not. If the boat has been on the market 18 months, the owner should be interested in any offer if he really wants to sell. He can always say no and if insulted too bad he can say h*ll no.

h2owarrior 12-28-2004 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Namwot
If I had my boat listed with a broker and the broker didn't present the offer, I would get rid of the broker. The broker should present the offer whether he likes it or not. If the boat has been on the market 18 months, the owner should be interested in any offer if he really wants to sell. He can always say no and if insulted too bad he can say h*ll no.

:D :D

My thoughts exactly :D :drink: :drink:

t500hps 12-29-2004 07:59 AM

AT 21 I bought my first house this way. they wanted $99k and I told them all I could pay was $81k. MY agent thought that offer would insult them, but that's all I had. They took the offer that night. Makes me wonder if I could have gotten it cheaper.