Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Keith Eichert engines info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93368-keith-eichert-engines-info.html)

Cigaretteman 12-29-2004 04:45 AM

Keith Eichert engines info

Where can I find info on the Keith Eichert engines ? There donīt seem to be any info on the website ! I am interested in the 675īs, any owner who care to share their experiences with these engines ?

Cigaretteman

Jassman 12-29-2004 06:58 AM

Re: Keith Eichert engines info

3 Attachment(s)
Not enough development on them, computor problems. Low boost under 3 lbs, so why even have a charger. When put into gear rpms would spike up to 1100-1300 rpms, not the best thing for bravo drives, TMP did some work on it, and fixed 90% of the problems, factory support at the time was none. Other than that ran ok, I put 73 hours on them before I traded for another boat (Nortech) with TMP EFI motors. Jeff

bob 12-29-2004 07:49 AM

I have two friends with them. One friend actuall has two boats, one with 675's and another with Sterling 900's. KE engines from what they claim have been excellent. I run with both of them and have never heard of the idle rpm thing. The friend with the Sterlings however does have that idle situation. I believe KE motors have all top shelf components like a Callies Pro crank, Carillo rods, JE or CP pistons, etc. KE wanted dependaable 700 hp and only needed 3 # boost to get there. The one friend pulled Cobra 750's out of his 2002 Tiger with Imcos and put in KE 675 and picked up like 4 mph. The KE's I believe went out the door at over 700 actually and you can add a cooler and change pulleys and get 850! That what is nice as you have ample room to increase boost and you have the best components so you have reliability. The support issue came about when Julie bought out KE and was no longer staffed with the knowlegable people to support the product. If you are looking to put these in front of Bravos you may want to consider a lesser hp configuration as I don't believe you will be happy with the Bravo behind this package. Hopefully this helps shed some light. KE is back in business and can ce reached at 386-446-9379.

388Hustler 12-29-2004 08:15 AM

I am running K/E's (750HP @ 3lbs) in mine. No issues whatsoever. They Idle great and run great. Components are top of the line. I would highly recommend to anyone. Just my opinion...

I am probably going to add chillers and bump the boost this winter. Feel free to PM me or give me a call anytime if you want.

Dean

388Hustler 12-29-2004 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic for you.
Dean

joe900sc 12-29-2004 09:27 AM

I have been running the KE 800SC for 4 years now and have over 200 hours on them...did a leak down this spring and I still get another season out of them :D

They idle and run great..I really don't even think about them while I'm operating the boat...They just run. I recommend Keith...now that he's back in business... :drink:

big cat 12-29-2004 12:31 PM

im in my 4th boat in 3yrs and never gave up my power or will i ever 1150 200hrs and still running strong KE's are the best

Stormrider 12-29-2004 02:38 PM

American Express just had one put in his new 28 Pantera.
You may want to ask him.

KEPP 12-30-2004 03:57 PM

If You Want Information About Keith Eickert Built Engines Just Give Me A Call At 386-226-4346. I Will By Glad To Assist You In Getting A Real Keith Eickert Built Engine.

Jeff

dhlaw 12-30-2004 04:58 PM

Bbbbbbb Biscuit!!!!!!!!!