Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38 >

Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Notices

Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Old 01-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Threads like this are exactly why I enjoy OSO so much. I learn stuff here that is not taught anywhere else.

Design question- Reference post 93 comparison of Tencara/MYPD/Victory to the Skater at X-number station.

In regard to the sponson shape of both hulls...what advantage do you get from a convex topside section, almost tumblehome (Doug Wright) vs. straight side with what looks to be a high chine (Skater)? As I understand, both hullforms increase the strength of a flat surface, in similar ways. Is the convex section used because there is less material (weight saver), or no hard edges to fail, or easier to mold?

Originally Posted by Popeyes
I am currently working with Doug and Al Copeland jr. on setting up a dealership for this 38. More news shortly. 1 800 256 3662 ext 16.
Thanks Stan
New dealership or simply sold through an existing one? Any chance it'll be in or near New Orleans?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Re: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

all I have to say is the doug wright 32 is a special boat.

MTV's "pimp my ride" is what Big John at offshore concepts is going to do with my new boat when he gets it to rig it. EFX is completing the graphics.

Photo's from the factory after tuesdays visit.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:50 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan,

Do you have any of the rendering concepts of the new paint scheme for the boat??? Best wishes to you guys in 2005 and a great choice having Big John's Offshore Concepts rig your new PIMPED OUT RIDE!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 32 looks awesome. I like the way it looks all white!! What will that boat run for top speed?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Registered

They Are Special But Maximus And I Need To Select Final Scheme Before We Release It! Purple, Black And Silver Will Be The Colors. My Two Spectre's Are Both This Color By Efx. Loan Shark Will Be Completely Different But Will Use These Colors.

John Came Up With Some Very Cool Custom Interior, Dash Idea's. I Am Fortunate To Have Him Working With Us On The Boat.

We Will Definately Get Some Pic's Out As We Go!

Dan
Old 01-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
The 32 looks awesome. I like the way it looks all white!! What will that boat run for top speed?
TOP SPEED SEEMS TO BE A CLOSELY GUARDED SECRETE BY MAPAE AND HULK BUT THEY WERE SO FAST SBI ADDED 400LBS TO GARYS BOAT.

WITHOUT THE ADDED WEIGHT THE BOAT WITH 2.5'S SHOULD EASILY BREAK 110GPS.

LOAN SHARK WILL HAVE TWO COMPLETE SETS OF ENGINES. ONE FOR RACES ONLY, 2:1 LOWERS. THE OTHER SET (1:875 LOWERS) FOR PLEASURE, POKER RUNS AND TESTING AS I PUT ABOUT 300 HRS/YR BETWEEN MY BOATS. THE PLEASURE SET UP WILL YEILD OUR BEST TOP SPEED.

RYAN BECKLY HAS BEEN IN MAPEA AND MAY HAVE A READ ON ITS SPEED. CLEARY THE BOAT HAULS ASS.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Rest assured the grafix will be cool!

"There's a shark out there somwhere"

Maximus
Loan Shark Racing
2005 SBI SS #67
Old 01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BradH
or no hard edges to fail, or easier to mold?
I talked to Jaguar a while back about their MP designed cat and was told that the MP designs lack the hard angles because it helps distribute the stress more evenly. He claimed that it was a stronger design, but harder to construct.

He also said it in a way that seemed to make more sense, but that was the general gist of what I got out of the conversation.

This is part of the reason that I was wondering why you would combine cambered sides with a spray rail. My first thought about it was that the two ideas seemed kind of contradictory, and that's why I brought up the Qatar boat. Doug seems to be explaining things a little differently though.....

Did I spell contradictory right? It looks odd.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gary's boat did 113 mph at Lake X right out of the box without any fine tuning, engine heights, props, etc. and with loose steering! After his first race he had to put in an extra 450lb because of the SBI regs and lost about 5 mph. Since then he's done some fine tuning and seems to be smiling a hell of alot these days. His speed now seems to be a closely guarded secret. Now imagine what it would do without the 450lb penalty...

Dan Lawrence,
I just left Grant's shop and he and Gary were trading quite a bit of smack talk. Your boat was mentioned quite a bit as well! Should be alot of fun this season....
Old 01-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SK190
Another thing that a spray rail does is act as a stiffener/stringer to strengthen the hull sides-if its layed up right. MTI may not have a spray rail but he does put a stringer on the inside of the hull in the same location. One of the reasons that the Quatar boat may have "come apart at the seams" is that alot of boat builders don't put coring at this point in the hull. They put it above and below with nothing but a thick layer of glass at the bottom of the spray rail. Strength is also a function of the thickness of the composite and this would dictate that it would be the weak point if it had no coring.

Quick Reply: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.