Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38 >

Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Notices

Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Dennis, glad to here you hooked up with Dan & Mark from Loan Shark. We appreciate the comments about the glass work on Dan's 32'. We just finished Dave Kranich's 32' that will be fitted with #6 drives with 750 hp per side. It's being rigged at Grant's Custom Rigging in Ft. Lauderdale. We're about 3 weeks away from finishing Gary Ballough's new 32' race boat. Dale Chrighton's 38' deck is in the mold & all the components (dash, liner, stringers, bulkheads, etc.) are complete. The hull is finally under the mill again, should be done in about 3 to 4 weeks. We would have started the hull sooner, but we had obligations to complete mill work & molds for other companies. We'll send pic's at the end of the week.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug,

Spoke with GB, he wanted me to tell you he likes a lot of extra weight in the bow.
Also, he believes a boat should Flex so leave out all that super special go fast stuff you do....

While your at it he wants you to add some random steps Just to make it exciting.

Can't wait to see both the new 38 an GB's new rig.

Marc
Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you guys in SS are gonna have your hands full with Mr. Ballough again shortly. I was up there a couple of weeks ago checking out the progress on the 38 and noticed some interesting 'changes' that Gary suggested. The great thing about Doug's boats are that they constantly evolve due to the input of the guys that race 'em.

DPT, you're absolutely right about Doug's workmanship. I've crawled around in my fair share of boats and I have yet to find any built like his. 3'' carbon caps on the stringers and carbon ribs to the bulkhead openings, epoxy impregnated layup, blueprinted bottoms, etc....he spares no expense and is a perfectionist.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Registered

Here's an updated picture of the 38'
Attached Thumbnails Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38-dscf0474-2-.jpg  
Old 09-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

Looks like its ready for some rough water. It will be interesting to see how fast it is compared to the surfboard bottom on the MTI.

CM
Old 10-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yahoo
Looks like its ready for some rough water. It will be interesting to see how fast it is compared to the surfboard bottom on the MTI.

CM
Even with the surfboard bottom I still have not seen 200mph out of a MTI
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Registered

We just finished the new hull plug for the 38' Aero Speed Marine. We'll have her waxed and ready to make the mold on Monday. We're hoping to have a 38' at St. Petersburg but, it will require some long hours and a lot of luck.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Doug Wright
We just finished the new hull plug for the 38' Aero Speed Marine. We'll have her waxed and ready to make the mold on Monday. We're hoping to have a 38' at St. Petersburg but, it will require some long hours and a lot of luck.
Doug, I have been following the thread for some time. I think you are making leaps and bounds in the industry. You have done your homework. Good luck, and I hope to own one of your boats some day.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Any updates?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Registered

It looks like we're going to miss the St. Pete race with Dales's boat due to some design changes. We added a bustle extension to cover the drives to accommodate a rudder. (Also clean up the air at the transom.) We'll try to post some pix asap. The transom will have 3 different styles that are interchangeable. There will be 2 styles of the bustle extensions, one for Arnesons with a rudder boss & one for Mercury # 6's or the stock transom. The bustle extension will increase the over all length to 42' for the #6 drives & 43.5' for the Arnesons.

License To Thrill - I'll have to due some home work to estimate the cost of a Super Cat - turnkey. I'll get back to you asap.

Quick Reply: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.