Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Yup, im a boating god (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93454-yup-im-boating-god.html)

LostinBoston 12-30-2004 10:25 PM

Re: Yup, im a boating god

Originally Posted by byrdman
Good information..was there anybody else there or 1 on 1 sessions?

since my insurance company sucks they dropped me until i took the course soi needed to take it asap. Tres helped me out tremedously by giveing me a one on one session right away. like i sais, i cant thank him enough for this.
We used my nortech which was a great benefit becasue now i know what it can do, even though i dont think i have the balls to turn it that tight, its good to know it can. by next week i shoudl know how much my insurance was dropped.

as far as cruiser classes, i didnt know that you need any training to go that slow???
jsut hire a captain, i have been planing to get my capt liscense for a while now, eventually i get the time needed (200 days in 2 years at 4 hrs per day driving with a certified captain signing off on it). When i get that ill take the coast guard course and test, then you can (legally) hire me.

GLH 12-30-2004 10:39 PM

Hey God,
Did you fix your insurance problem or did you leave that one to satan again?
:D

LostinBoston 12-30-2004 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Hey God,
Did you fix your insurance problem or did you leave that one to satan again?
:D

unfortunatly not yet, i was at the class all day today. I left some messages, hopefully tomorrow morning or early next week i can finalize some stuff. Ill post an update next week. satan is too busy making me pancakes to deal with it.

Tbonepmp 12-31-2004 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
why would you turn?

and whats a tab?

:drink: :D :D :D

Tres 01-03-2005 12:47 PM

I called on him today to make sure he got through the weekend OK. He was a good student and he is quite sharp. Just remember to be safe and plan ahead , being aware and apply everything you learned to your everyday boating. He learned all about Vees and Cats, Do and donts, and he is very aware of how to spot a potential problem.

Love Machine 01-03-2005 12:55 PM

Hey Tres,

I remember reading about your new school and how it was geared towards persons driving boats that did over 100 mph. Do you also teach how to drive a boat that does 70-80 mph?

If so, I may call on you in a couple years. Not for insurance purposes, but to learn to race a boat.

Bill

aero-offshore 01-03-2005 01:22 PM

Did you write it all down? Just like collage I forgot everything.

tiufb 01-03-2005 01:36 PM

Anybody else notice the college kids on here getting all these killer boats, Whats the deal?

LostinBoston 01-03-2005 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by aero-offshore
Did you write it all down? Just like collage I forgot everything.

yup, i took more notes then an entire semester of Organizational Behavior. I think i may type them upand laminate them so i can keep them onthe boat for quick reference and review.

Sean H 01-03-2005 01:51 PM

in his regular group class what kind of boat is being used? i am thinking of going before summer.... sounds like it is fun and informative... :D