Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag? >

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Notices

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:49 PM
lilldeauce

Default Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

If your a honest boat salesman or broker please don't read any further!!!

The last 3 times I've bought a boat has been a horrifying experience. I've changed people that I've dealt with and it seems eveytime I get fuc#ed in the a$$. I don't even know who I can trust anymore!!! Maybe I'm to nice (or to fuc#in stupid to realize whats going on. Thank god i posted a thread here and some of the oso members shot me straight. If I'd of known about this site years ago I'd probably of saved alot of money.. So does anyone recommend anyone who is a stand up guy.... I'm sorry to anyone I offend, i'm just pissed off.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Re: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Terry Sobo with Nor-Tech. Salesmanship is his screen name.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilldeauce
If your a honest boat salesman or broker please don't read any further!!!

The last 3 times I've bought a boat has been a horrifying experience. I've changed people that I've dealt with and it seems eveytime I get fuc#ed in the a$$. I don't even know who I can trust anymore!!! Maybe I'm to nice (or to fuc#in stupid to realize whats going on. Thank god i posted a thread here and some of the oso members shot me straight. If I'd of known about this site years ago I'd probably of saved alot of money.. So does anyone recommend anyone who is a stand up guy.... I'm sorry to anyone I offend, i'm just pissed off.
What happened with that Fountain??
Old 12-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to buy a van today for my business .. Same ole $hit , guy goes away for 20 minutes and comes back with two numbers written on a peice of paper ..both of which were way high .. I told him LISTEN heres my check book I was going to buy the friggin thing today .. Call me when your done playing salesman of the month..
I HATE the games
Old 12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my last 3 cars with check in hand salesmen are just KNOB JOBS
Old 12-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

You would be surprised. Not just boat brokers. I get countless calls from people who know people asking about mortgage clauses (which they are first hearing about at closings). "Is it legal for them to tell me that I cannot refinance or sell the house for two years unless I pay them 6 months interest ? " Yes, but they should have told you that to begin with and not at closing !! I am doing a loan for this couple that did not know they had signed into a 2/28 (28 years variable 2 years fixed) and their taxes and insurance were not included in the mtg. Nieve, yes. But they trusted the broker. They were about to lose their house. Unfortunately now adays you have to be very, very careful who you deal with. The best thing you can do is inform yourself as much as you can before hand. Sorry about the rambling its just that I hate to see people get screwed like that. It gives brokers in general a bad name. The board should guide you to someone honest. Good luck brother...
Old 12-30-2004, 09:36 PM

Depends on the person,
I sell boats because I love them. Boating is a hobby to me and my 2nd love my wifes my first. Most people that sell boats out of love of the sport are usally down to earth. The guys you have to watch out for are the ones that will sell there souls for a sale.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:08 AM
Registered

When you flunk out of being a used car salesperson then you go down to being a boat salesperson..........this has been my observation and experience.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are five scum jobs on this earth, that all they try to do is screw people everyday.

not in any order

1. Lawyer
2. Politician
3. Insurance Companys
4. Car salelsman
5. I.R.S.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

The salesperson who is successful (Terry Sobo) will always look long term. The ones that bounce around to much are usually not stable, they are looking to sell quick and fast, and usually thats where they get into trouble, too many false lies, overselling you BS on the product, letting you hear what they want you to believe. I always try to look at the track record of the salesperson, where they have been for the last 10-15 years. I found once you get along with your salesperson and or dealership, you will make some friends. Also not beating them up every time for the last nickel will go along way in service and repeat business when you go to buy again. Remember time is money, its always a pleasure to do business over the phone, or just walk in and order a new truck and be out of their in 1 hour knowing what you purchaced, and what your trade was worth. I just take poeple for what they are worth, there are alot of good salespeople out there, and people trying to do good, unfortunatly its always the rotten apple that spoils the Pie. Jeff

Quick Reply: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.