Looking for a place to move to

Notices

Looking for a place to move to

Old 12-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a place to move to

Vegas! Good schools, mountains all around, low property taxes, boating from March till November or longer if you wear a coat, jobs everywhere, 3 major lakes close & ocean 4 hours away.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:38 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top,

Look really hard at San Diego. I know its not the east but its got all you want. I have lived on both coasts and for variety of activities you I don't think you can beat SoCal. When we moved off Puerto Rico this year it was either San Diego or Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale won out due to $$$ and job opportunities. Their is a reason costs are high in CA and its not because it sucks. Don't rule out LA either we lived in Redondo Beach and had a great time.

Don't get me wrong about FLL though. I am finding my way around and confident it's a great place to live I just feel a little more at home in the Pacific.

Good Luck and Happy New Year,

Brad
Old 12-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSpin80
Wife just said "you really want to move to Florida, huh?" she doesn't seem too positive about it.

To someone form the Sarasota area:
What about North Port? The lots seem a lot cheaper there than in the Sarasota. We are going to either end up on a canal, or maybe out in the 'country' with a few acres.
My parents live in Venice which is just north of Northport.Its a real nice area and the beaches are beatiful.Plenty of restaurants,malls,and boating spots.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Virginia Beach is not too shabby. Close to the best of everything. Mountains; outer banks beaches of NC; eastern shore; Atlantic City; DC; ski-lodeges; etc.The winters a moderate and the boating season runs typically from March to November. It's hard to beat the choice of various waterways too. Economy is great here as well. Tons of construction and tunnel projests. Structural engineer might do well here.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Hard to beat So Cal. I think this photo meets your criteria. With the growth rate here I don't think you'd have trouble with employment.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a place to move to-136-3687_img.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

By the way, Al's picture shown above was taken in December at the group run from Ventura to Santa Barbara! I just moved from LA to just north of there in Ventura County (same area as Al). You will not find a more beautiful place for year round offshore boating, with mountains going right to the shore.

Michael
Old 12-31-2004, 06:28 PM
JnT
Registered

Lake Lanier, Georgia has quite a few performance boats.You are within an hour of the Mountains and within 6-7 hours to the Gulf and 6-7 hours to the Atlantic.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

With regards to the Sarasota area:

North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Englewood, all have property that has not quite skyrocketed yet. Can even find some reasonable deals in Nokomis where I live, just north of Venice, 12 miles south of Sarasota. Some places in northeast Bradenton, and Palmetto is starting to come up the ladder a ways.

Sarasota itself for waterfront is VERY expensive. Especially any of the "keys". Send me your address and I'll send you some listings or I can get you a website to go to to look at properties.