Notices

Didn't like the Dodge

Old 12-31-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Didn't like the Dodge

Went and looked at the Dodge 1500 quad this morning but didn't like it. The front wasn't as comfortable as my current Dakota, and the rear seat was really bad (my daughter's seat). The seat back is vertical and doesn't angle out when you fold down the bottom like my Dakota does, and to get the 60/40 bottom (so I can still have a seat back there when loading stuff inside) you have to get the power seat option. Seems kind of dumb to go backwards. The reason I got the Dakota for the current truck was the F-150 quad's I looked at had the fixed puritan torture pew rear seating.

The price deal on the Dodge was killer, but the truck just wasn't up to my specs. Anything else worth looking at?

-Greg
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Didn't like the Dodge

GMC crew cab 1500. 4 door short box bed on a HD frame with 6.0 liter V8 gas. Maybe Duramax is available.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GregP
Went and looked at the Dodge 1500 quad this morning but didn't like it. The front wasn't as comfortable as my current Dakota, and the rear seat was really bad (my daughter's seat). The seat back is vertical and doesn't angle out when you fold down the bottom like my Dakota does, and to get the 60/40 bottom (so I can still have a seat back there when loading stuff inside) you have to get the power seat option. Seems kind of dumb to go backwards. The reason I got the Dakota for the current truck was the F-150 quad's I looked at had the fixed puritan torture pew rear seating.

The price deal on the Dodge was killer, but the truck just wasn't up to my specs. Anything else worth looking at?

-Greg
I got the 2500 version (diesel) and I know what you mean, the truck was actually designed with some of the Daimler folks and thats why the lines are so nice. You gotta love German car designers. They did cheese out on the seats, I don't know whose call it was but it was a bad one. I did however just pull Dean Ferry's 35' Nordic Flame for 2200 miles and not a single prob, the truck ROCKS!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:51 PM
Registered

Talked to a couple places about Chvey/GM but no one was interested in making much of a deal, even my GM supplier discount only takes off about $3k from sticker.

-Greg