Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93695-anyone-live-ft-myers-beach-fl.html)

magnum27 01-05-2005 09:08 AM

Re: Anyone live in FT. MYERS BEACH, FL?

My mother-in-law's fiance' s brother own's a bar in Fort Myers that is on the water called S.O.B's. I have never been there but heard it was a cool place to go. Has anyone been there?

Edward R. Cozzi 01-05-2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cashbrain05
I think it's a great place to boat...I'm looking for a 28 CIG or a Stinger to keep down there.
When I was down over Thanksgiving,I saw more Offshore boats there than in Miami on the water !!

Hey cashbrain: There's an old original 28' from the 70's with Volvos and small blocks at Thunderboat Marina in Dania. It's been stored inside. The owner has had a stroke and probably will want to sell it soon.
If you're interested call Ron Pyle, (the marina owner), at (954) 963-2660.

Sloman 01-05-2005 09:26 AM

I just got back from FMB for New Years and we had a blast they closed down the streets and it was one big party. A buddy lives down there and we spent three days boating went to cabbage key and tweedy's i think very cool boating seen i thought. theres nothing like boating and seeing some dolphins start jumping and playing next to the boat

MegaByte*3 01-05-2005 10:12 AM

I live in Naples and work in Fort Myers. I purchased my boat from Sportboats in '99. If John says the boat is clean, you can believe it. Sportboats sets the benchmark in customer service. It would be inappropriate for me to inspect your potential boat, as I sell competing boats in the area. However, I have no issue telling you that John Kray will take good care of you.

There are quite a few performance boaters in the area. As has already been mentioned, we are a disorganized bunch with regard to getting on the water together. The boating in the area is outstanding.

My marina will be sponsoring a few poker runs beginning in March. Although we do not promote them on a national basis like FPC and Poker Runs America, anyone is welcome.

Tom

DanB 01-05-2005 11:41 AM

MB#3
That would be great...keep us in the loop. Bravo shop used to have some for the races, but that aint happinin anymore.

Dan

270Laser 01-05-2005 02:58 PM

Put me down too! :evilb:

The Menace 01-05-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I find that the people on the West Coast of Florida are much nicer than the people here in the Lauderdale area. They are much less rude and friendlier. They will let you in traffic and not speed-up if they see your directional signal on. This is just an observation I've made.
I think there are more mid-westerners that settled on the West coast.
Has anybody noticed that?

Ed, you are absolutely right. A lot of German's over here as well. All nice people.

The Menace 01-05-2005 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Ummmm .... yeah , .... makes it all happen !?!?!?!?!? :D :drink: :rolleyes:

Whats up you old fart ???? :D

Don't get me wrong .... FMB is real nice .... and they get a nice turn out on race days , but it ain't no Lauderdale !!! :D Much more laid back ... fun, but laid back . Lots of Grady Whites with "blue hairs" and the occasional sport boat .... Like I said .... maybe get some more of you guys down there and it'll turn around ????? :evilb:

Your take is correct as well. However, if you crusie up and down the channels there is some heavy stuff over here. Also a lot of hardware is trailered. Around the corner from me is a 41 Apache with 6's hanging on it. Have never seen or met the guy.

A 43 Nortec, Jammin, is on a lift at the end of the channel. 5-6 big cats are running around. The REMAX cat is the one you see the most. Alot of people boat to Stan's on Marco.

FMB's best place to go on a sunday afternoon ios the Bridge restauaranrt on San Carlos Island. They have a Reggae band. The Channel mark Rest used to have Thunder Sunday's but it is under new management.

I just moved to Bonita from FMB and waiting to have a new lift installed.

LEOPAJM 01-05-2005 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Your take is correct as well. However, if you crusie up and down the channels there is some heavy stuff over here. Also a lot of hardware is trailered. Around the corner from me is a 41 Apache with 6's hanging on it. Have never seen or met the guy.

A 43 Nortec, Jammin, is on a lift at the end of the channel. 5-6 big cats are running around. The REMAX cat is the one you see the most. Alot of people boat to Stan's on Marco.

FMB's best place to go on a sunday afternoon ios the Bridge restauaranrt on San Carlos Island. They have a Reggae band. The Channel mark Rest used to have Thunder Sunday's but it is under new management.

I just moved to Bonita from FMB and waiting to have a new lift installed.

You must be right off Hickory Blvd ??? Are you talkin the 41 Apache "Tender & Juicy" ??? on a lift behind the house , or the Commanche behind the condos near Fishtale ???

JM

The Menace 01-05-2005 06:35 PM

On Hickory Blvd. If you are heading south past the apache hang a right at the two white posts. I am the 3 story spanish stucco near the end of the bay on the right..