Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   West Palm Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93697-west-palm-beach.html)

pm203 01-03-2005 05:28 PM

West Palm Beach

Does any one know what part of West Palm is the best place to buy a house?Also,is there a surrounding town that might be better?Have an employment oppurtunity in that area and am thinking of relocating.Any help would be appreciated.

rchevelle71 01-03-2005 05:35 PM

Re: West Palm Beach

Depends on your lifestyle,

I like it down here in Boca, but if you want land, you gotta go out to the acreage(loxahatchee), or up to Port Saint Lucie. Whatever you do, do not buy anything downtown, overpriced, and not the best neighborhoods. Boynton Beach, and Jupiter are also nice. Lake worth is OK, but kinda trashy. If you get down here to take a look, or need a realtor, let me know, We'll have a :drink: , and I know a realtor ot 2 :D

Rick

Rick

lucky strike 01-03-2005 05:35 PM

Hey Paul,

West Palm is a nice place. Lots of big $$ homes. Not to far from Fort Lauderdale/Miami for boating! I think Fort Lauderdale is the best all around place, but the traffic in the Winter is getting to me!

Bobby

pm203 01-03-2005 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Depends on your lifestyle,

I like it down here in Boca, but if you want land, you gotta go out to the acreage(loxahatchee), or up to Port Saint Lucie. Whatever you do, do not buy anything downtown, overpriced, and not the best neighborhoods. Boynton Beach, and Jupiter are also nice. Lake worth is OK, but kinda trashy. If you get down here to take a look, or need a realtor, let me know, We'll have a :drink: , and I know a realtor ot 2 :D

Rick

Rick

Rick,
Thanks.I saw a house in the acreage.Is that a nice area?
Paul

JackL 01-03-2005 05:51 PM

Hey Paul
I've been down here a year. Palm Beach Gardens is a great place. Check out WCI communities web site Evergrene development. Nice place to live.
Jack

sauron 01-03-2005 05:55 PM

Check with Julie at Moroso Raceway park in Jupiter. She may know of something. Dick Moroso had a place on a canal that was nice and when I was there several years ago there were a couple of homes for sale there. Tell her Roger from NC told you to call.

Payton 01-03-2005 07:06 PM

My sister lives in Boca. We really like it down there, but there doesn't seem to be many places on water in that town. Canals included. Towns just North and South have a lot more homes with water front.

puder 01-04-2005 12:19 AM

frined of mine is a real estate agent down there if your interested.

i always like palm beach itself, like on the island. not exactly chepa to live there though.

FloridaDan 01-04-2005 09:01 AM

West Palm Beach has been in the local news alot lately because they've had over a dozen murders in just a couple of months, way above "normal". Its gotten so bad they recently held a big meeting with the mayor, police, and city council all trying to figure out what they can do to stop it. Its like alot of neighborhoods in Florida, you've got beautiful very expensive areas on the water yet just a couple of blocks away there's outright poverty which brings in drug activity and crime. Unfortunately in some areas you've got to drive through the slumy neighborhoods to get to your multi million dollar home.

thedonz 01-04-2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by pm203
Rick,
Thanks.I saw a house in the acreage.Is that a nice area?
Paul

I LOVE IT THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE ARE GOOD OLD COUNTRY / REDNECK PEOPLE A LOT OF HOUSE AND LAND FOR MONEY . YA CAN GET AN ACRE AND QUARTER FOR ABOUT 300K THAT'S AWSOME IN SOUTH FL. BUT YOUR LIKE 30MIN AWAY FROM THE OCEAN. THERE'S A COUPLE OF REDNECK OUT THERE WITH CIGARETTES ALSO GOOD LUCK

DONZ JR MIKE