Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   42 cigarette race boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93799-42-cigarette-race-boat.html)

SLINGSHOT 01-05-2005 11:31 AM

Re: 42 cigarette race boat

i have got 3600 hp in the same hull and it aint going 130

grafikworx 01-05-2005 07:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The only cigarette close to 130 MPH that I know is this one! 45 Maximus, origionally Laid-up at Skater. rigged at TnT, painted at Grafikworx ,maintained at lipship with at least 1200hp zul"s. so if that 42 old school ,no stepped cig. can go 130 mph, must be on a trailer pulled by a top fueler! :rolleyes:

open87 01-05-2005 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sean H
exactly.... he needs to pass whatever he is smoking around to everybody....

here ya go :D

JCPERF 01-05-2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by grafikworx
The only cigarette close to 130 MPH that I know is this one! 45 Maximus, origionally Laid-up at Skater. rigged at TnT, painted at Grafikworx ,maintained at lipship with at least 1200hp zul"s. so if that 42 old school ,no stepped cig. can go 130 mph, must be on a trailer pulled by a top fueler! :rolleyes:

Hey do you know who painted that boat? :evilb: :evilb: :D

Byrdman 01-05-2005 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by grafikworx

Wow...a cig laid up at skater too???? Why do the top companies of money go to skater?

JCPERF 01-05-2005 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by byrdman
Wow...a cig laid up at skater too???? Why do the top companies of money go to skater?

Cause they just cant build a boat like Apache. :stupid: :evilb:

Sean H 01-06-2005 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by byrdman

they want the best.....

cashbrain05 01-06-2005 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Cause they just cant build a boat like Apache. :stupid: :evilb:

Funny thing...nearly the entire original APACHE crew are building...Nor-Tech's

Audiofn 01-06-2005 08:13 AM

I think that a lot of this outsourcing is going to be seen more and more in the future. I have changed my business model quite a bit to focus on Crestron remotes and Runco projectors almost exclusivly. This has been my best year to date. People like to have some one come in that really knows their stuff and can get out with a quality working product. I do not see why laying up a boat would be any different. If skater is the best at doing it then have them do it. You can know exactly what your profits will be and can plan better. If Skater lays up the hull then they tell them that it will be X dollars. Cig can sell it for Y dollars and count on the money. If they lay up the hull themselves then they have to figure in the cost over runs and mistakes that they may make. Plus there is something about being able to say that the boat was layed up by Skater that makes it more desirable.

Jon

Nauti Kitty 01-06-2005 08:50 AM

The motors in this boat were mine and they pushed my 1999 tiger with 6's to 95. I wonder how they got 35 mph extra out of this ride? :rolleyes: NK