Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/93896-put-women-children-bed-my-new-car.html)

bob 01-06-2005 08:42 PM

Re: Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!!

PM203 as a "dealer operator" you normally have to meet minimum investment levels to be considered "the dealer". Source of funds statements are required from banks, etc all to prevent a person with no $ becoming a "dealer operator" in the business. While investors are certainly investing in stores, the dealers generally have to have some $ to get on the paperwork and being considered the person legally responsible to manage the dealership. A used car lot no is a different story. Like I said, he must be good!

masher44 01-06-2005 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreBoy
Originally Posted by lilldeauce
15 years old made $820 cleaning cars (the whole yaer)
16 years old made $3600 thought I was a rock star
17 years old made $4400 and i was the man
18 years old made $4500 and moved out of the house (not the man anymore)
19 years old made $19000 ramen noodels, p&j sand. Broke
20 years old lost $45,000 of the banks money I lost alot of weight that year

so far you've made $77,320

I started washing cars at 15, selling part time at 16, selling full time at 18, owned my first at 20

What was your first new car franchise?
I bought a chevy store that was going under.

Bob quote:
Lilldeauce, you have tio be one heck of a salesman to get into a dealership at 20 with no $. I have signed many dealers and have never signed on a paragraph 3rd under 21 and with no $ to boot! Great story

I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last nite, I agree with Bob.

:D

Sean H 01-06-2005 08:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I Got The Advertising Figured Out Masher..... :D :D :D

masher44 01-06-2005 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sean H
I Got The Advertising Figured Out Masher..... :D :D :D

COOL!!!

Alright OSOers !!!
First up for bid....

Lot # 1 (reserve set at $1500.00)

Michael1 01-06-2005 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by lilldeauce
I started washing cars at 15, selling part time at 16, selling full time at 18, owned my first at 20 and haven't looked back. I am very proud of what I've done so far, no college education, and I grew up dirt poor.

OK, I think I just figured out where I went wrong. I got too many college degrees! What was I thinking?! :eek:

Congratulations! Only in America. :D

Michael

Sean H 01-06-2005 09:18 PM

i wasted 4 and half years of my life going to college, i could of been making money... :D :evilb: :D

open87 01-06-2005 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Make it now baby... I spent too much when I was younger... 33 now and wish I had all that booze, whorin' and poker money back! :mad: :D :D
Now I work just to make back what I spent... oh well.... how much was that Outerlimits, Lambo and those two HO's???? :D :D

and all this time i thought it was only me :D :D

Pantera1 01-06-2005 09:30 PM

Sorry but if you made 17 mil at least buy a platinum membership .. :rolleyes:

lilldeauce 01-06-2005 09:41 PM

You also need assests to back up your floor plan! You have to get bonded! You have to apply for 3 types of insurance! Your gonna need working capital! You have to gain approval from the manufacturer! Then maybe you'll become a dealer!
I never said I didn't have help, yes maybe I was the boss of the dealership, but you are right I was not the dealer until i was 16 months into it and had GM camped out with me the whole time. I may be young and I may have been born at night but if your gonna try to piss on this tree it's gonna take a bigger dog than you :eek:

Pantera1 01-06-2005 09:51 PM

Whats with the perpensity to call them "stores " now ..Has dealership become a bad word ? Or does it just sound too much like stealership ? :drink: