Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!! >

Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!!

Notices

Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!!

Old 01-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!!

Originally Posted by lilldeauce
Maybe I will post a thread someday that will ask everyone to post their life accomplishments. As for my vip, NOT FOR SALE, but I've got about a 1000 other cars for sale
yeah understand,, i wont sell mine either,, just a fun car to have..
Old 01-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got married in october to a competetor of mine's daughter. He hates that!!! No kids, but planning someday.
LOL A little surprised by that ... not the competetor daughter part, just the married part LOL. I got married at 21 kids at 24 (have 2 gorgeous girls 14 and 11), before the houses, cars, boats, and $$$$$. Never regretted, never looked back, worked long and hard ... still doing it
Originally Posted by Jonas
you know i would love it if u did a post.. actually i think we should do so our kids can read em and understand the $ dont just come out of my AZZ..
they know what i have had to do to have this lifestyle with offshore boats mil + homes on the water cars trucks bikes vacations etc.
the reality with me stating it is great but having a thread with peoples life experinces would be awsome.
in our case we were on the top and hit bottm and had to climb out and start over.. i am sure there would be some great stories..elaborate and maybe i can get bound and printed in book form self help. all proceeds to the college fund for my mutants... : ) bu really
this would be a great one for my son he just turned 16,, build dreams and give examples of how people acheive them or are working toward those dreams.
Jonas, great idea. Trying to teach and instill these values of respect, work ethic, and most importantly for me, gratitude and thanks for what we have, to our kids is def a challenging task. Looks like someone got the point acorss to lildeuce
Old 01-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Registered

I've got a 16 year old nephew that wants to be just like me, he's screwing off in school and thinks his uncle will hire him when he graduates. So this is what I did. Every prospective emplyee that comes in is given an apptitude test, the scoreing basis is 1-50 50 being good. If the person scores below a 13 they can be a lot attendant, if they score above a 18 they can be a salesmen, if they score above a 28 they can be a manager. Just because they score a 28 doesn't mean they are my next manager. You get what I mean. So I sent him the test and had my sister give it to him, you only get 12 minutes to take the 50 question test. He scored a 16, so i told him he'll make a great lot boy at $6.25 an hour. this kind of sparked a fire under his ass!!!
reality check. i love it
Old 01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
packinair

what part of the world do you live?

Old 01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
lilldeauce

There were alot off asswhoopin's going on when I was young, my dad always told me if you don't straighten up you'll end up in jail or on wellfare. He instilled alot of pride in me. He bought me my first bike, I bought him his first BENZ... To be a parent and have a child that your proud of must be great. i don't mean me but anyone here who has kids, if they did a great job on a test, or scored a goal that must be great. Someday I'll have kids, and give them the same whoopin I got

Old 01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

how come your not sittin in your new car makin vrrmmm vvvrrrmm sounds.
Id still be outside stareing at it.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
LOL A little surprised by that ... not the competetor daughter part, just the married part LOL. I got married at 21 kids at 24 (have 2 gorgeous girls 14 and 11), before the houses, cars, boats, and $$$$$. Never regretted, never looked back, worked long and hard ... still doing it

Jonas, great idea. Trying to teach and instill these values of respect, work ethic, and most importantly for me, gratitude and thanks for what we have, to our kids is def a challenging task. Looks like someone got the point acorss to lildeuce

i think the kids today have a whole diff outlook.. i hve good kids but i know they dont understand,, i did a project with them and thought they would get it,
how much do u think u need to make to survive when my boot hits your AZZ?
then the excersize went into
oh u wnat to buy a house ok,, cheapest little chit box here is 400k

mortgage
taxes
ins
car pmt
elect
garbage
ins
phone
you get the drift we covered everything (scaled back alot from what they are used too)
they need to make to barely survive 8k mo gross basically 100k yr.
thier precious little faces got quite distorted when i asked how the hell they gonna do that...
oh it was funny at first then i think reality struck and they freaked..
not soo easy huh!!! trying to get em to understand there is always pain to get some gain...
i made em take it to school all drawn out with explanations on gift funds for first hme purchse where down for car came from and on and on..
from what my daugher said the teacher loved it..
Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
lilldeauce

I guess thats why I'm where I am today.. If I'm not sitting at this desk looking busy, I'll lose my edge....

Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered

I've got a 16 year old nephew that wants to be just like me, he's screwing off in school and thinks his uncle will hire him when he graduates. So this is what I did. Every prospective emplyee that comes in is given an apptitude test, the scoreing basis is 1-50 50 being good. If the person scores below a 13 they can be a lot attendant, if they score above a 18 they can be a salesmen, if they score above a 28 they can be a manager. Just because they score a 28 doesn't mean they are my next manager. You get what I mean. So I sent him the test and had my sister give it to him, you only get 12 minutes to take the 50 question test. He scored a 16, so i told him he'll make a great lot boy at $6.25 an hour. this kind of sparked a fire under his ass!!!
Could you post the test?? I'd like to see it .... maybe I can score and be a manager!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Registered

I guess thats why I'm where I am today.. If I'm not sitting at this desk looking busy, I'll lose my edge....
You better check outside because Im sure they are all standing around looking at it

Quick Reply: Put The Women And Children To Bed!! My New Car!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.