Notices

Corsair

Old 03-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Corsair

Can anyone tell me about these boats? The ad says a 24' looks nice, who and where where they built? Any other info would be great. Thanks
Old 03-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 1988 model that I am restoring. I bought it used in 92, sold it, and just bought it back again about 6 months ago. It is a very unique boat. Steering on the port side, Airex,complete inner liner, quality hardware. I believe they were built in the Clearwater area. I saw one in Key West at the Worlds as a tow boat recently. I remember towing Reggie Fountain in the triple engine "Ohio Steel" off of Siesta beach years back with that boat. A very good riding 24' boat. I have only seen 1 other (the one in Key West). Ray.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corsair follow-up

I have been helping my uncle "polish" his 88' Corsair 25 (replace broken gauges, compound and wax, repair seat cushions, repaint the outdrive, touch-up bottom paint, etc.). The boat is in good condition overall , though. We will be posting a website later this summer at www.corsairpowerboats.com and will be updating www.corsairpowerboats.blogspot.com. The purpose of these sites is to provide a forum for owners of Corsair Powerboats to share information and ask questions. We have a bunch of original Corsair documentation that we will be posting on the website to help people learn more. In the meantime, if you own one of these boats, have information about these boats, or need information about these boats, please feel free to email me at [email protected].