Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 30 Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94094-new-30-skater.html)

Shane 01-10-2005 09:22 PM

Re: New 30 Skater

OH........................
MY.......................
GOD!
Honey we're selling the house, your car, your new sled, your computer and whatever else we need to, because I HAVE TO HAVE THAT BOAT! :evilb:

SLEEPER 01-11-2005 02:35 AM

Very nice. Any more pictures of it on the web?

vtec 01-11-2005 08:37 AM

Does anybody know who Douglas Marines uses for CAD/drafting design? Or is it in house?

SK-190 01-11-2005 08:43 AM

I talked to the guys at Skate briefly and the response I got was that they don't use any computer stuff for design. This was a couple years ago so maybe things have changed, but when I asked about drawings and renderings, they said that they couldn't really provide any for specific hulls because it is all done without computers.

Who knows, maybe they were just trying to blow me off, but I didn't really get that impression. Everyone I talked to seemed decent enough.

Sean H 01-11-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by SK-190
I talked to the guys at Skate briefly and the response I got was that they don't use any computer stuff for design. This was a couple years ago so maybe things have changed, but when I asked about drawings and renderings, they said that they couldn't really provide any for specific hulls because it is all done without computers.

Who knows, maybe they were just trying to blow me off, but I didn't really get that impression. Everyone I talked to seemed decent enough.

i don't know about the computer part, but since most of their hulls are different, ie; tunnel width, deck height, deck design, i would assume that they would use some kind of solid modeling to design the different variations....

Tantrum 01-11-2005 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
GOD!
Honey we're selling the house, your car, your new sled, your computer and whatever else we need to, because I HAVE TO HAVE THAT BOAT! :evilb:

I notice all the thing you "need" to sell are hers.
:drink: :D :drink:
Cant wait to see this boat complete.

Brad 01-11-2005 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
I notice all the thing you "need" to sell are hers.
:drink: :D :drink:
Cant wait to see this boat complete.

Makes sense to me! :D

Tbonepmp 01-11-2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
GOD!

:D :D :D

Cash Bar 01-11-2005 03:52 PM

I was told un-rigged canopy version for 112k. I was inquiring for a friend looking to race SS class.

Greg

mr_velocity 01-11-2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i don't know about the computer part, but since most of their hulls are different, ie; tunnel width, deck height, deck design, i would assume that they would use some kind of solid modeling to design the different variations....

You gotta see how they take a 40 and split it down the center when someone wants a wide tunnel :eek: