Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   opinions needed: going to a cat maybe (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94149-opinions-needed-going-cat-maybe.html)

GATORONE 01-09-2005 09:55 PM

Re: opinions needed: going to a cat maybe

That boat will run 100+ with no problem, with a great cruise speed

BZ 01-09-2005 09:57 PM

is it a tough change i haven't driven a boat sitting down in years go all the way back to the begining. ie 19ft open bow on a inland lake and i didn't like it then?????

GATORONE 01-09-2005 09:57 PM

Lost
Is sy writing cats now, and how much did tres martin's class save you

GATORONE 01-09-2005 10:00 PM

Not at all bacause the boat has such great visibility and you never carry the bow like you would in a V bottom. The boats get on plane at around 15 mph

BZ 01-09-2005 10:02 PM

15mph. ????? tab setting?? drive settings ??? and do you realy use those mirrors????

GATORONE 01-09-2005 10:06 PM

drives down tabs wherever and the mirrors are great when you are in a pack

Sean H 01-09-2005 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
I got a 36 w/525's from Randy in december. Awesome boat. great to deal with. The boat is amazing in rough water. I was very skeptical about a cat but am very happy we went with one, espceially the nortech. Its heavy wide and has a high freeboard which make it handle much better in rough water.
Insurance for me was tough becaue im 21 with no cat experience. I took Tres Martins course though so now i can get insurance. I highly reccomend taking the course, not only for insurance purposes, but no matter how long youve been boating, you will learn a tremendous amount. Call SY Goldberg at total dollar about insurance

21? i thought i was getting screwed for being 28 when i bought my cat, i can't imagine the chit they gave you... i want to take that class too, hopefully i can fit it in my busy schedule of post whoring on here.....

BZ 01-09-2005 10:11 PM

at 100+ you prob do not spend much time in the middle of the pack and that is the main reason for the cat just still not sold on the rough water ride. randy said we could take one out, i will be in miami fro the show. not much call for boat rides in chicago in jan. that might be the key.

GATORONE 01-09-2005 10:13 PM

I can promise you that you will leave amazed

BZ 01-09-2005 10:13 PM

also anyone tow one on a regular basis??? that thing is wide and is that a problem