Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chumps n' boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94247-chumps-n-boats.html)

Sean H 01-11-2005 10:21 AM

Re: Chumps n' boats

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Oh i forgot Mashers MOM! :evilb:

nope, she was "busy"..... :D

fund razor 01-11-2005 10:23 AM

Oh i forgot Mashers MOM! :evilb:

Where did you leave her?? :D

fund razor 01-11-2005 10:30 AM

On the way back this same guy throws something metal at me and my boat.

Maybe it was a gold chain.

fund razor 01-11-2005 10:43 AM

I was coming back after a run last summer and I came up behind a big bayliner in the marina channel. (Lost Peninsula) He was doing about 2 or 3 mph. I was doing about 4 or 5. I dropped to N so that I didn't get too close. I wasn't sure where he was going, and there was no way I was gonna pass him. I left about 3 boat lengths between us. (75+ feet).

He turned around and saw a long bow behind him and immediately started screaming chit at me (and two females on board) all three of us were silent. My passengers know better than to shout stuff at another skipper when I am at the helm. He was waaayyy drunk. Too easy of a target. He said some crap about my "go-fast" and that I was running up his azz. I told him that I was not in gear, and that if he would turn around and drive, he would be on his way. He said something about being a boater for 30 years and that I ran up on his azz.
I suggested that if after 30 years, boating had not made him happier, he might want to sell his bayliner and get a different hobby, because in only 25 years of boating I had not only learned how to operate a boat, but how to act.

He invited me to get my azz kicked at the dock. I suggested that perhaps I could knock some manners into him, thus completing the job that his father never finished. When I got to his slip (in my truck) he realized that he was in deep doo-doo. As he covered his boat I told him that A) I did nothing to him. B) He had no manners whatsoever. C) that I was a member of the yacht club whose burgee he was flying, and that if he was going to represent the club s a drunken fool, I would remove the burgee from his boat myself. D) I told him that if he EVER used some of the foul language in reference to my civilized guests that I would board his boat, beat him within inches of his life, and throw his drunk azz in the water.

He said nothing. he didn't even look at me. he covered his boat and left. Never said another word all season.

"Piranha II" If you see him around Toledo, smile big and wave. He loves "go-fasts."

Stormrider 01-11-2005 10:50 AM

I love the guy in his 28ft express that will pass me in a marina/canal 5mph zone at 10mph just to get to the restaurant before me. Maybe I should just peg it next time? No... I've got too much old school Mariner manners in my blood.

But you bet your ass when he is manuevering into his space, I'll just float right in and snag it. :D

SLIP AWAY 01-11-2005 12:33 PM

We hang out in this local cove, the water gets shallow in spots, it's not marked, so if you don't know it, it can be a little tricky. One day last season a bunch of us were rafted up, everyone is having a great time doing their thing. All of a sudden this old geezer and his wife in a big old wooden Chris Craft comes barreling through rocking us and everyone in the cove all over the place. No one had a chance to say or do anything, we were all just trying to hold on to food and drinks, mostly drinks! The cove isn't all that big and it was obvious this guy didn't know this because it wasn't long before we see him turning around and heading back in our direction. Some of the maniacs in my crew were already taking aim at this guy. Fortunately for him I was the end boat, so as he comes by the second time, trying to be the voice of reason, I politely say "Hey Capt, want to slow it down a bit." The guy's wife turns flips me the bird and says "F#%$ YOU, the boat doesn't go any slower" and rocked us again! It took a few seconds for all this to sink in, two of the guys already fired their boats up and started to untie. As I looked up to see what direction they were heading, a big smile came to my face and I told everyone to shut down, they aren't going to get far! As fate would have it, he ran aground with an out going tide. Hours later we passed them one by one, honked our horns and waved with a smile. When I passed the water was so low around them, it was only up to the seagull's knees walking around the boat. I just waved, smiled and said have a nice evening. PRICELESS!

Stormrider 01-11-2005 01:01 PM

Slip, i see you are right across from me. What are you running?
And New Rochelle is a f'd up harbor.

SLIP AWAY 01-11-2005 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Slip, i see you are right across from me. What are you running?
And New Rochelle is a f'd up harbor.

Stormrider,

How's things?

Not to disappoint, but for now I running a slow boat Sea Ray. We might have meet at the poker runs, I help out Billy Frenz at all the NY events. New Rochelle Harbor is a tuff one if you don't know it, I'm on the Long Island side more than mine, Steamboat Landing, Lamotta's, Louie's.

mkramer 01-11-2005 07:52 PM

there are alot of them chumps on the water :(

JCPERF 01-11-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mkramer
there are alot of them chumps on the water :(

You ran into Sean H too? :D