Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94299-wheres-happening-place-tampa-bay.html)

cuda 01-11-2005 07:39 PM

Re: Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

Originally Posted by Johno
& nice 4th of July Poker run.
?

Except this year. :mad:

cuda 01-11-2005 07:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tierra Verde Marina Resort. Shell Island is about 200 yards from the canal to it.

This is Billy's Moorings right by Shell Island.

Formula Outlaw 01-11-2005 07:44 PM

Yes, Johno, despite the viscious rumors that may be "floating" around, Outlaw is up and running and will be in the water this weekend.

The only disappointing aspect will be breaking up the "Cuda Count" :D

However there is now the "Outlaw Count" which may be closely monitored in the Formula Forum which now stands at 31 days. :D

Donzi Corleone 01-11-2005 07:49 PM

25 ft. Outlaw is fine around here..........Just keep your eye to the East around 3pm in the summer,cause it can get real nasty fast...A great run from Tpa would be to the Sarasota Hyatt. Great marina and always perf. boats around. Even the Donzi factory tests alot of their stuff there.

articfriends 01-11-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by GameOver1stmate
Thanks for the tips....thought alot about Maderia Beach ??...just not really sure open to any suggestions. Does St.Pete have more traffic? How rough is the water? Can a 2003 25 Outlaw make it...can't get too rough. Hubby would love it but I would be a little chicken. Would want to definitly pull the boat out each day to wash off, no slip rental. Other than that....no specifics. Just want to go where the crowd is...dosen't have to be IN the bay. Just want to be able to hit lots of bars/resturants on the water.....a place like Shell island sounds cool also.

Ive trailered my 272 baja down before from mich,ran intercoastal to end from clearwater,theres a small 5$ ramp at end of west bay avenue close to indian rocks with parking for up to about 30 ft trailer(just a few miles south of clearwater beach on intercoastel). Ive ran the gulf down to gators and back,ran the gulf all the way down to sarasota from pas near clearwater beach,if weather turns on you there are passes back into ICW about every 10-15 miles or so. Gators at johns pas has decent food and dockage,theres also a damn mcdonalds with a dock on ICW!Watch out for crab pots or whatever they call them out in the gulf,they are floating balls for nets or something,my wife thought they looked like bombs from snidley whiplash! :D ,There are a couple of other bars/restaurants on water with docks along ICW too,Smitty

Johno 01-11-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Except this year. :mad:

Cuda, that was last year! :drink:

Donzi Corleone 01-11-2005 08:06 PM

Those crab traps are hell at a 100mph............I dont know why their not required to make them International Orange so they can be seen at a glimse. Some are so black they actually blend in with the water.

GameOver1stmate 01-11-2005 09:59 PM

Sure do appreciate the tips....just makes me want to visit there even more. Thanks for the pics CUDA looks like somewhere we might try to hit while down there. Shell Island is on the agenda for sure. Any other "big" events planned other than the 4th of july Poker Run....any links to the site hosting the poker run in order to get a map of the run???

CBlakeNS 01-12-2005 09:02 PM

Tierra Verde is where my dads ex- boss lives, we go down there alot for spring break!

happy hours 01-12-2005 09:19 PM

Cuda, That pic of Billies is too damn funny. (1st two pics) The 20 ft chris craft bowrider idling in to try to find a spot for lunch is me and my wife. (pre wakeboard tower on the boat). I remember that day and all the powerboaters around. Too funny how small of a world it is. Shame I am lurker and didn't know anyone to say "hello"

Shell Key is different on the Pass-A-Grill side since the summer of storms. Gonna be more crowded this summer.