Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you call the direction of Formula's paint designs lately? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94301-what-do-you-call-direction-formulas-paint-designs-lately.html)

Sean H 01-11-2005 08:51 PM

Re: What do you call the direction of Formula's paint designs lately?

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
The dude in the Fountain pick is Bob Teague and he is definitly not wearing a thick gold chain. Fountain is actually more custom than Formula with paint and other things. This does not mean Fountain is better built or anything but just stating the facts.
My Concept is a bright painted boat. i like it and I do get tons of compliments on it. However I wonder if I will get sick of the paint job in the next few years. I do know what I am going to get on my next boat! :drink:

bob=knob and it rhymes.....

epeek 01-11-2005 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i wouldn't buy a factory painted cig either.... give me a white one and i will take care of it...

Post a pic of your rig. I wanna see what trims your trigger.

woogie 01-11-2005 08:55 PM

The gentlemans offshore has always been so conservative and to them this a walk on the wild side. Maybe its the angle of the shot - taking too much in at once. Just the graphics on the sides is plenty. If I had to pick - I'd take the bottom one. Top one is dated. Take the a paint allowance and head to a hip shop. Ever notice how so many of these never have names/personalities. Off the windshields and get race fairings. Boats A+ Graphics C-.

PhantomChaos 01-11-2005 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's why I didn't go for the premium paint from them, but I got what I think is "timeless".........sometimes less is more! My 2 cents!

tomtbone1993 01-11-2005 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That's why I didn't go for the premium paint from them, but I got what I think is "timeless".........sometimes less is more! My 2 cents!

that "look" looks very good and clean on the Formulas
my .02 cents Tom

Sean H 01-11-2005 08:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
in the process of having it figured out right now, currently all white and will be painted by spring....

i do like this style a lot though...maybe not the red part so much :D mine will be blue/silver/black with the body of the boat being solid blue.... i will post pics when it is done in a couple of months...

epeek 01-11-2005 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
in the process of having it figured out right now, currently all white and will be painted by spring....

i do like this style a lot though...maybe not the red part so much :D mine will be blue/silver/black with the body of the boat being solid blue.... i will post pics when it is done in a couple of months...

I look foward to seeing it. I do like the silver,with the red. Looks sharp.
Not into the wild graphics ??

Sean H 01-11-2005 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by epeek
I look foward to seeing it. I do like the silver,with the red. Looks sharp.
Not into the wild graphics ??

i think simple/clean is good, plus easier to resell... the skater next too it is nice today, but tomorrow, who knows?

Rippem 01-11-2005 09:23 PM

Formula's just are too "widebodied" a "tall hullsided" for huge sq. footages of paint. I thought from the first that the "Flash" (top one) is absolutely disgusting.

Long lines like Nort's "silver" level paint in Daytona Beach (reds/blues) or even my "Formula Racing" Gold level graphic in Daytona Beach work better with the boats lines. Long stripes in traditional colors is timeless on a powerboat.

They need to learn "accent the positive" and leave the rest of the Imron in the can! :D

Sean H 01-11-2005 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Nort, good choice on graphics as your boat still looks new! Sean H I love the lines of those graphics and I like the red but I am more of a blue person myself...it matches my leg!

mine will be blue/silver/black...... and not exactly like that pic, but that theme.....