Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sorry O.T. / WHo has the best lift kit for 05 superduty ford ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94380-sorry-o-t-who-has-best-lift-kit-05-superduty-ford.html)

Pantera1 01-14-2005 06:59 PM

Re: Sorry O.T. / WHo has the best lift kit for 05 superduty ford ?

When you lift you change all the suspension, steering and driveline geometry for the worse ..Unless you need the clearance , your wasting your dough ..
But it looks cool :D

Pantera1 01-14-2005 07:01 PM

Oh I forgot about the wear and tear from the bigger tires ..gas mileage ..speedo calib. lets ee did I forget anything oh ya lowered hitch ugh .. wont plow ..visibility.. more dangerous for other cars in a collision ahh should i stop here ?
But it looks cool :D

offshoredrillin 01-14-2005 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by boot
ONLY 8" ? with 44's ??? :eek:

Lets see some pictures of that dually ! :D

I'll check out those links . THANKS GUYS !

I'll get picks of it next to my lowered 01 GMC, people laugh when we go places, he took his up 8, i dropped mine 8...as soon as I get the pics I'll post em...Rob

kaamaman 01-14-2005 08:29 PM

Did you ck. out kelderman or air ride technologies ?

mama tryed 01-15-2005 05:22 AM

Don't buy until you talk to Buck183 from the Board here!!!! He's the Resident Expert!!! If you don't believe it just ask him!!! :D :D Seriously , he's the Shizzle

buck183 01-15-2005 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Don't buy until you talk to Buck183 from the Board here!!!! He's the Resident Expert!!! If you don't believe it just ask him!!! :D :D Seriously , he's the Shizzle

LOL. You have me blushing Mitch.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be any help on this one. That's why I haven't touched this thread yet as I normally would have by now. I lift A LOT of trucks, but haven't had the chance to lift an 05 SD yet. :( I don't give out advice based on what I've heard....I give it out based on what I've done.

All that being said, if the Edge products are as good on the coil set ups as they are on the leaf sprung Super Dutys then that would be the way to go. Other than that I can't help any.

Buck

kaamaman 01-15-2005 08:50 PM

They just did a 05 SD w/edge sys. on extreme 4x4.. spike chan. today,nice :rolleyes: