Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay? >

Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

Notices

Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

My Hubby and I thought about pulling our boat to Tampa Bay this summer and need to know the happening place (or area) to hang out and places to stay on the bay side with boat ramp/marina near by. Want to be where Powerboats are not Yachts. Any suggestions?? Links to websites would be helpful also. THANKS!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

Hello there, welcome.

If you want to stay IN the Bay, there are great ramps at Demon's Landing at Downtown St. Pete. The St. Petersburg Municipal Marina is nearby and so is the Harborage(that's where I stay)
http://www.boatclix.com/links/boatramps.html

You'll probably find more performance boats on the intercoastal and gulf side. Tierre Verde always has some perf boat traffic.

Give me more specifics, I could be of more help.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Registered

I was down a while back visiting my sis in Tampa, a bunch of my Donzi friends from St Pete took me to a place called Shell Island. There were only about a 100 boats there that day, but it was a lot of fun. Everyone rafted up and hung out in the water. On the way back we stopped by a great bar\restaraunt\resort place with a giant pool, and grabbed a bite on the water.....I've gotta get down there again soon.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Registered

Lots of great places to visit. When it's back up and running go to www.opbafl.org , it's the offshore boat club here. Website is down right now.

CigDaze will steer you right.....
Old 01-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the tips....thought alot about Maderia Beach ??...just not really sure open to any suggestions. Does St.Pete have more traffic? How rough is the water? Can a 2003 25 Outlaw make it...can't get too rough. Hubby would love it but I would be a little chicken. Would want to definitly pull the boat out each day to wash off, no slip rental. Other than that....no specifics. Just want to go where the crowd is...dosen't have to be IN the bay. Just want to be able to hit lots of bars/resturants on the water.....a place like Shell island sounds cool also.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

clearwater beach and the like rock shepards on clearwater pass iws smokin... there are a ton of cool places to play and hang out down here. ratman
Old 01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater has mostly center consoles but there are a bunch of performance boats too. Don't worry about rough water too much, just listen to the weather radio (which we all should do anyway) and keep an eye out for thunderstorms in the summer. Tampa Bay usually has a moderate chop but sometimes it's like glass. The gulf is usually 1-3's. If it gets beat up, you can always go inside to the ICW. You should definately check out Gators at Johns Pass and theres about 100 other places to go between Tampa and Clearwater. Also, get charts and follow channel markers. There are plenty of places that get real shallow in a hurry.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
Also, get charts and follow channel markers. There are plenty of places that get real shallow in a hurry.

Yep, sure is.....
Old 01-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I almost forgot, if you run out of things to do here, Sarasota is a quick ride south, if that gets old, Miami is only a 4 hour trailer ride south, and if your gonna go that far south, you might as well go to the keys too.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Registered

Just tell us guy's when you are coming down. There's a ton of places to go & see.
Mad beach is a good location as any other. The only problem is ...you'll have too much fun & want to stay There a regular fun runs & nice 4th of July Poker run.
Just post when you coming & everyone will help out.

PS : Formula Outlaw...boat up & running yet?

Quick Reply: Where's the happening place in Tampa Bay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.