Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94417-give-me-your-best-lines-selling-your-spouse-offshore-performance-boat.html)

sy goldberg 01-13-2005 11:19 AM

Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on the Offshore Performance boat

The highways are too crowded and we can get to the shopping centers much faster by water in a high performance boat. :D :D :D

dreamer 01-13-2005 11:20 AM

Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on the Offshore Performance boat

answer: Formula 33ss w twin 496

BADA BING 01-13-2005 11:29 AM

Sold the wife on a performance boat by telling her-

I'll sell the Motorcycle :eek: It worked :evilb:

Tell her cruisers are for Poodles :D Not too mention, the more people on board the more to clean up after, also to be responsible for too, and they fill up the Porta potty :mad: Yuck :D

Sunrise Girl 01-13-2005 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cig Daze
The more people, the bigger the mess to clean up, the more accidents to deal with, and a lot bigger hassle. :D

Plus, tell her women look sexier riding on "go fast" boats! :D :eek: OK...I know I'm going to catch some crap for that so I'll go ahead and say it..."I'm sorry!" :p

But seriously, I'd much rather ride on a "go fast" than a cruiser! Yes, there may be more room and amenities on a cruiser. But, when I go out on the boat that's my relaxation time and the last thing I'm going to want to do is clean up after others! :drink:

~Cat

P.S. Go fasts have mirrors and toilets, too! ;)

pachangalpina 01-13-2005 11:33 AM

32-33 performance boat can be trailered and stored easier than a 33 cruiser. Some 33 cruisers will require permits to trailer. The performance boat can be serviced at an inland repair facility (which MAY be cheaper) because it is on a trailer. Maint will be less because it can be keep on a trailer(or floater/hoist) instead of being left in the water.

Just a few ideas. :D

GatorDave 01-13-2005 11:38 AM

Do you wanna ride in a sports car or a mini van??? It worked for me :eek:

CObarry 01-13-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain38SC
We're not that old yet.

Classic... :cool:

From my experience;
She doesn't want a crusier, she wants a toilet with a door and a mirror that floats. And if she's really honest she'll admit she wants no kitchen or galley as sailboters would say.
I want a Formula 336, which has an enclosed head. I'll have to be sure to point that out...

Joe Todesca 01-13-2005 11:46 AM

With a performance boat we can cruise inlets on weeknights and then go racing on the weekends and really have some fun! Jo P4-1 HerbottRacing

CObarry 01-13-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
answer: Formula 33ss w twin 496

She really likes the 330SS, but I think it's still a compromise and even with 496 HO's it won't do 70. Plus, it won't fit the slip in our dock because it's 10.5' wide. Ah, there's another reason...we have to stay with a performance boat to fit in our dock!

PatriYacht 01-13-2005 11:57 AM

Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

When you said sell the spouse, I started wondering how much she would bring. :D :eek: