Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94417-give-me-your-best-lines-selling-your-spouse-offshore-performance-boat.html)

wwwTOPDJcom 01-14-2005 09:13 AM

Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Originally Posted by Audiofn
When I got the Donzi I just came home and said Look what I bought you honey. This is your boat. Knowing full well that she would never want to drive it and that she would probably take it anyhow if we ever get a divorce. Actually she knows full well that if we get a divorce that there are three things that are totally off limits. The house in Maine, the boats and I get visitation with the cat :D:D

the house in Maine is a pipe dream and your boat is STILL on the trailer :D :D :D

waterheater 01-14-2005 09:38 AM

Re: Give me your best lines for selling your spouse on an Offshore Performance boat

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Not sure if anyone posted this already but.....

It is always easier to ask for forgiveness then get permision :D:D

Just tell her you're doing it and tough sh*t :D

CObarry 01-14-2005 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by jaybird
That does look nice, but $333,995 for a Cobalt !
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Plus the beam is closer to 10'.

How wide is your slip?

The slip is 10 x 32, but when the padding is accounted for it's more like 9' 8".

The Cobalt is a nice boat... terrific dash layout!

WARPARTY36 01-14-2005 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lofty
This thing is SWEET! You can order it with Twin 575 SCI B1 XR ITS.

http://www.cobaltboats.com/model_line/343/intro343.php

I hope they increase the fuel capacity with the 575's. I don't think 100 gallons will get you very far :( The 575's will push the boat to almost 80 MPH.

rush 01-14-2005 10:38 AM

Show and tell. I convinced my girlfriend that we wanted a 31' CC Fountain, she agreed til the next morning when she came to her senses and said "The last thing I want to see is you riding on a bullet across the Bay with my name on it." So I bought a 27 Fever on my own. TOOK HER FOR A RIDE, now WE OWN A 38' Lightning!!! You won't have to talk her into it, just let her drive it, she'll love the ride.

cuda 01-14-2005 10:39 AM

I just checked out that Cobalt 343, it looks like a nice boat. Maybe a direct competitor with the Formula 353? I wonder how the price and performance compare?

rjcardinal 01-14-2005 10:40 AM

Performance boats are safer in real world water conditions because they are built to go fast in waves.

We need an 80 mph boat so we wont rag it out while we are going 60 everywhere.

Because its a performance boat and has a finely tuned running surface it is more fuel effecient at its much higher cruise speed than a cruiser.

Better built than most cruisers and hold its value better.

We can actually go places in this boat because it can easily maintain a high rate of speed.

You meet the nicest people on performance boats.

Ron

saubouin 01-14-2005 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by CObarry
I did that with a Corvette once...ended up buying her one too. :rolleyes:

In every man's life there are only so many times one can absorb "THE LOOK"...I think I've already reached my quota....

98 Trans AM
2003 GSXR1000
2005 Baja Islander

I must be getting real close to my quota. :eek:

Lofty 01-14-2005 10:48 AM

Cuda I haven't checked the $ on the Formula but I can tell you the quality on the Cobalt is second to none. It's pricey but man is it nice! We ran one with 575's and I just couldn't believe how sweet it was. Granted it was on Lake Tahoe, 5,000ft ele. so it didn't set any speed records. I would really like to try that thing on the Bay to see what it can do. But talk about traveling in style.

It's a Mercedes of performance boats.

saubouin 01-14-2005 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lofty
Cuda I haven't checked the $ on the Formula but I can tell you the quality on the Cobalt is second to none. It's pricey but man is it nice! We ran one with 575's and I just couldn't believe how sweet it was. Granted it was on Lake Tahoe, 5,000ft ele. so it didn't set any speed records. I would really like to try that thing on the Bay to see what it can do. But talk about traveling in style.

It's a Mercedes of performance boats.

What did you get her up to?