Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Recommendations on purchase of a new boat 35' - 38' (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94450-recommendations-purchase-new-boat-35-38-a.html)

Panther 01-14-2005 03:05 PM

Re: Recommendations on purchase of a new boat 35' - 38'

Wow, you've got a lot to choose from. I think it really depends on why kind of boating you intend on doing.

Do you want to go fast without needing a lot of power? Do you want to be comfortable in rough water? Is cabin space an issue? Do you want a boat with a lot of freeboard that usually make for a deeper cockpit and dryer ride?

When I was searching for a new boat I put together a list of everything I wanted in a boat then did my home work. I'm sure if you let everyone know what kind of boating you do, and where you're located, we can make some suggestions.

BTW, it looks like you have the five foot disease all boaters catch.

xxxsive 01-14-2005 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Wow, you've got a lot to choose from. I think it really depends on why kind of boating you intend on doing.

Do you want to go fast without needing a lot of power? Do you want to be comfortable in rough water? Is cabin space an issue? Do you want a boat with a lot of freeboard that usually make for a deeper cockpit and dryer ride?

When I was searching for a new boat I put together a list of everything I wanted in a boat then did my home work. I'm sure if you let everyone know what kind of boating you do, and where you're located, we can make some suggestions.

BTW, it looks like you have the five foot disease all boaters catch.

Thank you for the pointers. I want a boat that is very fast (without adding a supercharger), has a great cabin (one you could spend the night in) and has a smoother ride in rough conditions.

Madcow 01-14-2005 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by xxxsive
Thank you for the pointers. I want a boat that is very fast (without adding a supercharger), has a great cabin (one you could spend the night in) and has a smoother ride in rough conditions.

Sound like you want a Sonic. Best in class cabin, very well built, great coustomer support from the factory and best value out there.

Sydwayz 01-14-2005 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When are you looking to purchase? I may put Monsoon up for sale in the spring.
37AT with 496HOs. I am about to purchase 5 years of additional Mercury warranty on the motors/drives. I know it does not have 525EFIs, but one call to Raylar Marine, and you have 525HP out of the 496 for a song. http://www.raylarengine.com/

I absolutely LOVE the boat. I will cry if I part with it, but would only sell as enabler to either go back to school, or take a pay cut and change industries and move to FLORIDA. Whomever I sell it to will be signing a contract that I get first dibs to buy it back someday.

LostinBoston 01-14-2005 05:13 PM

37 OL stilleto or GTX
36 Cig gladiator, now availabel with a cabin i hear.
Donzi 35 ZR - real nice cabin, fast, looks awesome

that about covers the price range too,
what were you looking to spend?

customryder 01-14-2005 05:44 PM

388 Hustler,very well built. fast hull. cool lines.

berns29scarab 01-14-2005 06:32 PM

38 top-gun...

whirlwind 01-14-2005 08:04 PM

I have a 38 Fountain Lightning, an 04 with staggered 525s for sale and have a friend looking hard for a 29 Fountain, give me a call if your interested. Dave B 810-650-5107

Byrdman 01-14-2005 08:21 PM

Ohooohhhh boy here ya go :evilb:

lucky strike 01-14-2005 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cigarette Top Gun. Fast, great looking, cabin to sleep in (GL does every weekend!), and great re-sale.

Here is a 2004 38' Top Gun, 525EFI's, Bravo XR's with ITS, Fresh Water, Aluminum Myco Trailer, $290k. I think it's a good deal and great looking. It's in the classifieds and by the way it's not mine.

LS JR.