Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94469-speed-limt-law-winnipesaukee.html)

Audiofn 01-23-2005 02:11 PM

Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Formula outlaw you will just have to come up to Long Lake with us :D:D

Formula Outlaw 01-23-2005 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Formula outlaw you will just have to come up to Long Lake with us :D:D

Would LOVE to.......

Where we will pass out the decals: you know, the ones with the word Weenie with the slanted line through it.....:D

Pantera1 01-23-2005 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Would LOVE to.......

Where we will pass out the decals: you know, the ones with the word Weenie with the slanted line through it.....:D

Go easy there FO .. Its a nice lake and I would take offence if you were bashing the lake itself .. How bout "Free Weeni" or somethin so you can get your giggles :D
Id sure get mine if you were handing out stickers that said free weenie :D :D :D

pm203 01-23-2005 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Well the last thing I want to do is cause my "offshore brethren" any more problems, you certainly have enough of those up there already. Asking, or expecting, "regular" people to put on an expensive set of mufflers for one day seems a bit much unless of course you want to provide the mufflers. So in order not to cause you, or anyone else more problems, I'll just choose to stay off your lake.

The whole crack about 60 boats with open exhaust was a joke, just one of many on this thread. Apparently a lot of people up there don't understand what humor is.

FYI, if you see a "smilie" at the end of a post it usually denotes there is humor involved.

Fomula Outlaw,I know tou were kidding and I apoligize for not stating that.It just hit a sore point with me.You can see how people think on that lake.Every once and a while,say on July 4th weekend,somebody will show up with a pair of unmuffled sterling 1200,s or something similar,just for one weekend.They will use the boat untill they get thrown off.Once they are gone,the repercussions start for every other performance boater out there.At the next town meeting,noise regulations are brought up and people start getting pulled over.It can ruin your summer.Anyhow,unless you have some sort of big power,you could probably get by without mufflers.Thank you for helping our cause,and I hope to see you on the lake.

Formula Outlaw 01-23-2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Go easy there FO .. Its a nice lake and I would take offence if you were bashing the lake itself .. How bout "Free Weeni" or somethin so you can get your giggles :D
Id sure get mine if you were handing out stickers that said free weenie :D :D :D

Hey don't get me wrong, I LOVED Lake Winnie. Thought it was just fabulous. The scenery can't be beat. I love your "Free Winnie" idea for the stickers.

I would never bash the lake or the people, just, as I've said at least thirty times now, the "I don't like it so you can't do it" ideology of some of the people associated with the Lake Winnie Forum. And that is not just associated with the Lake Winnie issues, it goes for all aspects of life. :drink:

Formula Outlaw 01-23-2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
Fomula Outlaw,I know tou were kidding and I apoligize for not stating that.It just hit a sore point with me.You can see how people think on that lake.Every once and a while,say on July 4th weekend,somebody will show up with a pair of unmuffled sterling 1200,s or something similar,just for one weekend.They will use the boat untill they get thrown off.Once they are gone,the repercussions start for every other performance boater out there.At the next town meeting,noise regulations are brought up and people start getting pulled over.It can ruin your summer.Anyhow,unless you have some sort of big power,you could probably get by without mufflers.Thank you for helping our cause,and I hope to see you on the lake.

Thanks for acknowledging I was kidding. Like I said, I would not intentionally cause a problem for my fellow boaters, and that includes ALL boaters.

And just to make it clear: I refer to the Lake as "Lake Winnie" not to be confused with a "weenie" as in a Green Weenie. So when I refer to a weenie I am not referring to Lake Winnie. Just wanted to make sure everyone realizes that.

And I am not running big power or dry exhaust. Just your basic 454 mags in my 311 Formula, however I did do away with my silent thunder box. HOO RAY......

CMG 09-08-2006 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You're not gong to belive this :mad:

CMG 09-08-2006 01:17 PM

Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN

A different year / same bill! :mad:

bidpro 09-08-2006 01:43 PM

How fast can you run there safely if you know what you are doing?.

How big a body of water?

Gregg Reichman

DoTheMath 09-08-2006 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by bidpro
How fast can you run there safely if you know what you are doing?.

How big a body of water?

Gregg Reichman

Gregg~

44,000 acres - 25 miles end to end.

This is not a total surprise, they didn't get what they wanted last time so they figure they'll go after it again. I'm in for that meeting - I'll just stay up Sunday night and head over there Monday.

Mark