Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! >

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Notices

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Old 09-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

This is a petition not a House bill.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered

Going to be held in Meredith , what a coincidense
Old 09-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think it will stick this time?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

It's like *** marrige... they'll never stop on the issue.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me going on that ridiculous speed limit...

Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Sadly, I will not be back up there.

http://wbztv.com/local/newhampshire/....2.725701.html

Boat Speed Limit Approved For Winnipesaukee
Gov. Lynch Says He Will Sign The Bill
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) ― It looks like some boaters will have to slow down on Lake Winnipesaukee next summer. The Senate passed trial speed limits Thursday for the state's biggest lake in a 14-10 vote.

The plan is on its way to Gov. John Lynch's desk. He has said he will sign it.

The bill sets speed limits at 45 mph during the day and 25 mph at night. The speed limits would go into effect beginning Jan. 1.

Boat speed limits have been debated for years. A group of year-round homeowners and vacationers on the lake pushed for the limit.

The plan that has been approved differs from past plans because it applies only to Lake Winnipesaukee and would go off the books in two years.

Manchester Democrat Louis D'Allesandro said speed limits amount to government overkill. "I always thought we were the Live Free or Die state, but here we are, restricting every phase of our lives," D'Allesandro said. "When does this end?"

He also suggested the speed limits would cause even more speeding.

"Who is going to arrest the boat police?" D'Allesandro said. "'Cause they're going to have to speed to catch the speeders."

Sen. Robert Letourneau, a Derry Republican, also opposed the limits. He said the possible speed limits have made boaters hesitant to put their boats in the water, which hurts businesses on the lake.

But Sen. Peter Burling, a Cornish Democrat, said it's important to consider those who say fast boats are bad for the lake. He said lawmakers tried to strike a balance.

"It's 'Live Free or Die' for everybody, and that includes the family in the kayak," Burling said.

Lawmakers would need to pass a new law to keep speed limits in place after Jan. 1, 2011.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Sad day for Winni.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

F-them! they can shove the 45-25 up their A$$!!!! I know one thing.... I am not letting them ruin my summer. I am not going to change a thing in the way I operate. I have been boating on Lake Winni for 25 years and I am very respectful of others on the water. I have even slowed to a stop more than once to let kayakers pass in front of me, but believe me if I am out in the broads and it is safe to do so, I am gonna rip so that the tree huggers can admire my ROOSTERTAIL!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
F-them! they can shove the 45-25 up their A$$!!!! I know one thing.... I am not letting them ruin my summer. I am not going to change a thing in the way I operate. I have been boating on Lake Winni for 25 years and I am very respectful of others on the water. I have even slowed to a stop more than once to let kayakers pass in front of me, but believe me if I am out in the broads and it is safe to do so, I am gonna rip so that the tree huggers can admire my ROOSTERTAIL!!!!
That's the spirit!!. I have been told that it is not a absolute speed limit, but a prima facie limit, which legally means you can go over the speed limit if it is reasonable and proper. Check out the Winni site, it's explained a little better there. See you in the broads at 90 MPH+!!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron

Go get em D, there is alot of thinks they dont understand about you, you're a loner, a rebel

Quick Reply: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.