Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat show Prices? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94566-boat-show-prices.html)

44MTI 01-19-2005 10:05 AM

Re: Boat show Prices?

I don't think we are mixing it up. In the last post I would agree with you and probably would not do the deal at all. That person is going to be trouble. However that is not at all how YOU described BOTTOM FEEDER in post 37. You talked about negotiations and not being able to make a deal. In my view once we decide on a price or a sales contract we have a deal.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:05 AM

I did not have a position that was hard. I was telling you about the other side of the table regarding a specific kind of buyer.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I don't think we are mixing it up. In the last post I would agree with you and probably would not do the deal at all. That person is going to be trouble. However that is not at all how YOU described BOTTOM FEEDER in post 37. You talked about negotiations and not being able to make a deal. In my view once we decide on a price or a sales contract we have a deal.

I agree with you. I apologize if my other post was confusing. I am on your side. When you make a deal you stick to it. The problem is that there are not many of us left out there.

thosetwins 01-19-2005 10:12 AM

Post #37 came off pretty arrogant and with a hefty attitude...

Rippem 01-19-2005 10:12 AM

wrong...You keep on the price thing like it's had NO IMPACT on any out of area sale.

In all reality, there's no proving it either way, and you know it, because how price affected any deal such as this is a totally gray area for anyone other than those 2 parties involved.

My question was not to attempt to prove the unprovable like a couple of gradeschoolers, 'cause it can't be proven either way and you know it.

So on that point you save your a** by default...

Much of the questions and circumstances I pose to you are to sponsor thought amongst all taking part in or reading this thread...it's really not all about YOU. :eek:

It's just you putting your a** on the line here taking a dealer's position, and for that I commend you.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Corrado
I would ask the customer if had he signed up for our "Customer Appreciation day and midnight madness sale." :p

or "will you need winterizing and storage, it's filling up fast?"

Or show them the new line of lifts. :evilb:

or etc...

Sorry, I don't agree. I don't feel that anyone should be treated badly and/or unethically then expected to just smile and eat the **** sandwich, regardless of what business you are in. Would you allow someone to do this to you and then ACT like you liked them and wanted their business? I think most would agree that members here and in the sport are pretty bold and honest people that have principals. Why should a dealer with integrity be beat up and made put in the light of not wanting or needing business from the boating community. In conclusion, if both sides play fair and understand each others needs, the whole experience can be enjoyable in every way.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem
wrong...You keep on the price thing like it's had NO IMPACT on any out of area sale.

In all reality, there's no proving it either way, and you know it, because how price affected any deal such as this is a totally gray area for anyone other than those 2 parties involved.

My question was not to attempt to prove the unprovable like a couple of gradeschoolers, 'cause it can't be proven either way and you know it.

Much of the questions and circumstances I pose to you are to sponsor thought amongst all taking part in or reading this thread...it's really not all about YOU. :eek:

It's just you putting your a** on the line here taking a dealer's position, and for that I commend you.

Trust me, I don't want to put my ass on the line for 99% of the dealers out there! I was simply trying to help people understand the other side. I love this place and I am not trying to pick a fight.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem

You are the one who questioned me about dropping boats all over based on price. I will put up a $500.00 reward for any person who will come forward. It can be someone who knows someone or the customer themselves, no hard feelings. I don't know why I win by default. Seems to me this stuff gets around pretty fast and their are good detectives out there.

I want to help members of OSO, not hurt them. Hell, I'm not making money sitting here typing this stuff.

Rippem 01-19-2005 10:26 AM

I don't do business like the azzhole you mentioned. I'll drive a HARD deal up front, it is what it is on a handshake...done, put it in writing.
Any modifications to the deal after the handshake or verbal committment, on either parties part for whatever reason, within reason, will be negotiated in good faith with the understanding that the bottom line may be affected + or -.

In seven new boat purchases, I can't remember the last time any changes were requested or made by either party after the deal was made.

Not on my part, because I go in with my homework done, knowing exactly what I want, what I'm willing to pay for it, and ready to close.

I do believe we are the majority...am I wrong?

DollaBill 01-19-2005 10:29 AM

Rippem, I wish everyone WAS like you and MOST of the people here. The fact is that many are not. I could give you stories that would make you just sit in silence and shake your head.