Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat show Prices? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94566-boat-show-prices.html)

fund razor 01-19-2005 11:04 AM

Re: Boat show Prices?

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Thanks for the support Fund. I jumped into a bar fight and now I have to hang in. :)

I'm not sure why this is even a fight. Everybody has a good point.

I just don't see how your comments were offensive.

But I'm glad that the others are posting, because I'm learning about the market and the biz.

Rippem 01-19-2005 11:23 AM

an debate is not a fight, it is just that a debate also known as an educated in subject, somewhat heated discussion in a point/counterpoint format.

I think the two of us are more comfortable about this than the observers.

Though buyafountain.com has brought the word "fight" to two of his posts, so I worry a little bit...that I may be wrong about that. :p

buyafountain.com...we good? :drink:

fund razor 01-19-2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem
an debate is not a fight, it is just that a debate also known as an educated in subject, somewhat heated discussion in a point/counterpoint format.

The loose definition of the word debate betrays your "comfort level."
None of the observers were "heated." :D
Sorry for interrupting your "educated in subject somewhat heated discussion in a point/counterpoint format."

Have a good day. :drink:

Let the readers come to their own conclusions.

There's one.

Sean H 01-19-2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Goofy1103
Those who buy at high prices
will not buy for long time

some people are just willing to pay a little more to not have to fight and waste their time over this.... these same people probably will be buying boats again, its not about the money but the time and frustration.

i am in the custom home business and it is very much the same way, i have customers who know what they want and what they are willing to pay and i love those people, i have customers that don't know what they want and can't really afford it when they find out what it is, and those are a nightmare...... and then i have customers that know what they want, know that i will give them a fair price, maybe not the cheapest price, but fair, and know they won't have to worry about anything.... what is your time and peace of mind worth?

Rippem 01-19-2005 11:48 AM

fund razor, feel free to offer a more specific, realistic, off the cuff, definition of debate. English major?

"None of the observers were heated"...for a johny come lately to this thread, with little of substance to offer...
you sure seem to be all fired up. :rolleyes:

oh, BTW....I'm very comfortable. Comfortable enough to take a position thoughout this thread, and defend it...you?
what, do you do mindreading for charity now too? :D
speak of your own comfort level friend...don't make uneducated guesses as to mine. :eureka:

Rippem 01-19-2005 11:54 AM

out of this thread, as an honorable attempt to leave a dead horse unbeaten any further, and expand the dialouge to more about the business overall, has been "interupted" by a troll like offensive by a non principle in this "dicussion".

ba bye...

DollaBill 01-19-2005 12:04 PM

Though buyafountain.com has brought the word "fight" to two of his posts, so I worry a little bit...that I may be wrong about that. :p

buyafountain.com...we good? :drink:

We cool. Sorry I used the word fight. I really did not mean it that way. The problem with a 2 dimensional computer screen is that you can't read the other persons body language, which is the most important and telling system of communication we posses.

Rippem, If there is anything I can ever do for you (parts, boats , etc.) call me. I have a feeling we would have a nice smooth deal!!!!!!!!!! Group Hug!

L9X25 01-19-2005 12:28 PM

buyafountain.com ,

I initially took offense to your characterization of "price buyers" as "bottom feeders" and "grinders" when you were really talking about common crooks.

I shop around for any significant item that I buy and felt that I was being labeled a "bottom feeders" or "grinder" for shopping. You later clarified your definition and that is cool.

Sean - your analogy is not comparable. Your house is not "equal" to any other random house (it is likely superior). Buying a house from you would get me a superior product AND superior service. I would expect buyafountain's Fountain to be identical to a Fountain sold by any other reputable Fountian dealer. Once we have equal products, the only thing left is the service. BIG difference.

DollaBill 01-19-2005 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by L9X25
buyafountain.com ,

I initially took offense to your characterization of "price buyers" as "bottom feeders" and "grinders" when you were really talking about common crooks.

I shop around for any significant item that I buy and felt that I was being labeled a "bottom feeders" or "grinder" for shopping. You later clarified your definition and that is cool.

Sean - your analogy is not comparable. Your house is not "equal" to any other random house (it is likely superior). Buying a house from you would get me a superior product AND superior service. I would expect buyafountain's Fountain to be identical to a Fountain sold by any other reputable Fountian dealer. Once we have equal products, the only thing left is the service. BIG difference.

I apologize for offending you by not clarifying earlier. You're right. The only thing that seperates a new boat, car or whatever is the support after the sale (as long as the price is fair) and the sales professional assisting you. That's another can of worms though. We have lots of bad apples in this business that hurt the ones that are dedicated to it.

pachangalpina 01-19-2005 01:30 PM

Come on warm weather!!!!!

I have to say that I did my shopping when I was looking at a new Fountain and had decided that I would under no circumstances by one from my local dealer which is less than 2 miles from my office. I checked with the dealer in Charlotte which is 4 hours away and Pier57 which is 6.5 hours away (did not know about buyafountain.com at the time) and and shopped what they had. Pier57 had several boats to look at and seem to have an excellent reputation so my wife and I made the trip about this time 2 years ago. Looked at several boats and decided what we wanted. We were not prepared to buy at that time and we let it be know when we were looking. We we very impress with the attention we received and later did end up negotiating on a used boat that we purchased about 2 months later.

This may not have much to do with new boat pricing or show specials but does say something about why people may shop other locations. I will also be talking to Pier57 again.

If you are wondering why I did not go to my local Fountain dealer: do you remember Bill Harris? My wife and I did not get a good feeling after talking with them on several occasions and then a few months later all of the sh** hit the fan.